Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN....I PROMISE!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 346 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I want to share an experience with you ladies about drinking and driving.

As you well know some of us have been known to have had brushes with authorities (some of us more than others LOL) on our way home from the odd social gathering over the years.  A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many drinks.

Knowing I was over my limit I done something I've never done before.... I took a bus home.  Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus they waved it on through.  I arrived home safely and without incident, which is a real suprise, as I have never driven a bus before and I'm not quite sure where I got it from.

sidesplittinglaughter

by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

BUS THIEF......I'm TELLIN............................MOMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Does this mean you stole a bus?  Or are you just making a funny? I think  that if you are serious you are in bigger trouble than if you would have driven your own car.  

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I didn't really steal a bus...it's just a lil Friday funny.

Quoting bhow:

Does this mean you stole a bus?  Or are you just making a funny? I think  that if you are serious you are in bigger trouble than if you would have driven your own car.  

keljo05
by Kelly on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I have trouble parking my van.. can't imagine a bus!  did you have to parallel park?sidesplittinglaughter

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on May. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No thank goodness....but I may have taken out a dog or two, not real sure.

Quoting keljo05:

I have trouble parking my van.. can't imagine a bus!  did you have to parallel park?sidesplittinglaughter

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting crazymom729:

No thank goodness....but I may have taken out a dog or two, not real sure.

Quoting keljo05:

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Thank Goodness!!  I had a call from my lil bro @ 7:46 am this morning because he got arrested for DUI last night!!  Stupid F***er!  Which will most likely be the end of his 16.5 yr military career.  I don't know how I will tell  my husband and kids, I am having a hard time not crying again.  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!!!  My kids look up to him so much.  I don't know what time but he meets with his commander today.  

I can drive a dump truck but only forward and backward, have never had to "park" one, I don't want to drive anything much bigger than that down the highway.  We have a loader that I like to operate...it's huge!  That stays in the pipe yard it is not something that would be street legal.

Quoting crazymom729:

Quoting bhow:

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Oh no...maybe they will just give him a slap on the wrist.  I didn't mean to upset you.  A friend sent this out last night as a joke, I thought it was cute.  Hell I hardly drink at all anymore.

I've never driven anything larger than my pickup....hahaha.  You are doing better than me if you can drive a dump truck.

Quoting bhow:

Thank Goodness!!  I had a call from my lil bro @ 7:46 am this morning because he got arrested for DUI last night!!  Stupid F***er!  Which will most likely be the end of his 16.5 yr military career.  I don't know how I will tell  my husband and kids, I am having a hard time not crying again.  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!!!  My kids look up to him so much.  I don't know what time but he meets with his commander today.  

I can drive a dump truck but only forward and backward, have never had to "park" one, I don't want to drive anything much bigger than that down the highway.  We have a loader that I like to operate...it's huge!  That stays in the pipe yard it is not something that would be street legal.

Quoting crazymom729:

Quoting bhow:

bhow
by Silver sister on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Oh you didn't make anything worse than it was, and I did get a chuckle out of the thought of it all.  I don't know about the slap thing he is overweight and was on probation or whatever the military calls it for not passing PT tests.  He is in the middle of a divorce and she left on his Bday back in Dec just to hurt him more.  He drank nothing for 4,5,6 yrs or something like that. Since they split up and she TOOK everything, he sleeps on a mattress that friends gave him, of course he turned to booze!!  He doesn't think it will be that simple either.  He is flat A$$ broke and my husband won't let him stay here, and to be honest I don't want him here it would just be too much drama. (more too story than that, it's too long to tell)  Our mother is a jerk our dad is dead and our brother is homeless.  I would tell him to go suck up to his wife but that would just be mean cause this divorce is a good thing for them.  I like her but all they did was fight!!  She and I had much fun together but the 2 of them together is just mean crap. 

Quoting crazymom729:

Oh no...maybe they will just give him a slap on the wrist.  I didn't mean to upset you.  A friend sent this out last night as a joke, I thought it was cute.  Hell I hardly drink at all anymore.

I've never driven anything larger than my pickup....hahaha.  You are doing better than me if you can drive a dump truck.

Quoting bhow:

Quoting crazymom729:

Quoting bhow:

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN