Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Have you ever taken a cheater back, How did that work out? Or is that a no-no in your book?

I think it depends on where you are in your relationship and how much you're willing to forgive or do you believe once a cheater always a cheater?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

oh he KNOWS lol told him haha

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Thats horrible about the first hubby but glad all is good now, I hope second hubby never reads this post,lol..  (being shot that is, lol.ha!)

Quoting starlight1968:

My first husband cheated and the only reason I found out was he got sick and thought he was dying (to be so young/stupid lol).  And, I thought it was just 1 and the girl I knew already was "very persuasive" if you know what I mean...so me being 'young/stupid' took him back.  Later on I found out from a friend that he worked w/that he was seeing other girlS!  So I packed up my stuff, moved out and that was it. 

Dh also went through it with his first wife so we are pretty safe in knowing neither one of us would ever do it to each other....I'd shoot him LOL..

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on May. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Agreed, it depends on your marriage and how much you love your spouse or s/o (lots to think about)

Quoting rosebud727:

I couldn't answer this without being in this scenario. There are just too many components to a marriage. 

I know friends whose spouse cheated and they were able to repair, forgive and move on to a much better marriage.

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on May. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

thats funny!

Quoting starlight1968:

oh he KNOWS lol told him haha

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Thats horrible about the first hubby but glad all is good now, I hope second hubby never reads this post,lol..  (being shot that is, lol.ha!)

Quoting starlight1968:

My first husband cheated and the only reason I found out was he got sick and thought he was dying (to be so young/stupid lol).  And, I thought it was just 1 and the girl I knew already was "very persuasive" if you know what I mean...so me being 'young/stupid' took him back.  Later on I found out from a friend that he worked w/that he was seeing other girlS!  So I packed up my stuff, moved out and that was it. 

Dh also went through it with his first wife so we are pretty safe in knowing neither one of us would ever do it to each other....I'd shoot him LOL..

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on May. 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I think it would have to depend on a lot of things! 

lynked
by sister of the year on May. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, it's a total deal breaker for me.  I've been through it twice with my first two husbands and can honestly say I've never had a second's concern with my now DH of 28 years.

PuppetDani
by Sister on May. 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I have and was very shocked when he cheated on me again...youbng and inexperianced is all i can say.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on May. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it works....... sometimes it doesn't.......... :-)  It all depends on what kind of risks, pain and time to heal the one who was cheated on wants to take........... Once a cheater always a cheater? No............ but quite often! ;-/ 

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on May. 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I agree!

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

Sometimes it works....... sometimes it doesn't.......... :-)  It all depends on what kind of risks, pain and time to heal the one who was cheated on wants to take........... Once a cheater always a cheater? No............ but quite often! ;-/ 

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on May. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

it has happened to the best of us, glad I can look back on it now and laugh..

Quoting PuppetDani:

I have and was very shocked when he cheated on me again...youbng and inexperianced is all i can say.

Avitar
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 7:35 AM
No. One strike you're out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)