Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Mother knows best!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

When thinking about Mother's Day coming up on the 13th...tell us the one thing your mother said to you or taught you that you will hold near and dear to your heart. Anything between piece of advice to a crafty skill...anything at all!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjs702006
by Buddah on May. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

My Mom always told me to be repectful of others and they will treat you the same way. For the most part, I find that to be true. She passed away over 20 years ago and my birth mother passed away 6 years ago....I was adopted. I feel so lonely on Mother's Day even though I have a step mother to spend time with.

bunch of roses

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Mom always said....when it comes to teens, pick your battles carefully!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

My mother always said to "Anything worth doing...is worth doing well." Its probably the ONLY thing we've ever agreed on.

javamom12
by Bronze sister on May. 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

My mom would always say, "You can have many friends and they will come and go, but family will never leave you."

Shellness
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

she taught me to sing to my children

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Family will be there for you in the good and the bad...if not they were never family....

Logansmom2506
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My mom always said" When one door closes another one opens!"  I always live by this as I have had a lot of doors close in my face

VTHaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

She was a very wise woman!

Quoting maryg38:

Mom always said....when it comes to teens, pick your battles carefully!

VTHaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You Mom sounds like a beautiful lady. I'm sorry that Mother's Day is so lonely for you. ((hugs))

Quoting cjs702006:

My Mom always told me to be repectful of others and they will treat you the same way. For the most part, I find that to be true. She passed away over 20 years ago and my birth mother passed away 6 years ago....I was adopted. I feel so lonely on Mother's Day even though I have a step mother to spend time with.

bunch of roses

VTHaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM

AMEN!

Quoting javamom12:

My mom would always say, "You can have many friends and they will come and go, but family will never leave you."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)