Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I have always been a small frame and now I am getting fat. does menopause make your belly get bigger? it is only in my belly. I don't eat sweets. I eat healthy meals lots of protien for energy. I don't eat things like chips unless it is with nachos which have beans rice cheese, meat, sour cream, avacados, picante sauce and onions. today I had a loaded baked potatoe and 3 pieces of fried chicken which is abnormal to me cause I usually eat baked chicken or grilled.  I only did this cause of the moving. my snacks are usually like a chicken salad cracker combo. I also had a small hamburger heat and eat at work.

yesterday I ate a big salad, and a big piece of steak and 4 rolls. I don't remeber what I had for lunch yesterday.  the day before we went to dennys for breakfast and I ordered a big breakfast had left overs. went to work and wasn't hungry all day and ate my left overs when I got home. It was 3 huge pancakes eggs bacon and cheese and onion hash browns. tonight I have had 2 bowls of ranch and bacon macoroni salad with chicken in it. what am I doing that makes me fat. I look like I am 3 months preggo. but I am not.

the day before that I did beef, rice and bean burritoes. with lots of beans. I added cheese sour cream and etc. ate that for 2 meals cause I made a big pot of it.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Replies (11-11):
LFosterfarm
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM

WELL your metabolism slows down as you get older, there fore everything you used to eat just go towards your mid section and stored away instead of for fuel.  had the same problem, but I did loose the weight, very difficult, very strictly, and have to watch what I eat all the time.  lots of fruits and veggies would be good and water.  slow down on the carbs and starches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN