Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

THERE IS A GOD! I cannot believe what my son found!

I bought my 18yo his senior class ring last year before losing my job. Well, about 6 months ago, my 18yo was at his dad's and claimed to have left his class ring on his step brother's dresser and even had his dad go and check. His dad admitted all this. Then they moved. Well, lo and behold, the ring came up missing. Its been missing for about 6 months. 

Kevin and I just had a family meeting with the boys about them helping out more around the house. After they got started, my youngest comes out of his room and asked me to hold out my hand. I did and he placed my son's ring in my hand. 

THEY FOUND IT! $638 FOUND! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. THANK YOU JESUS!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (31-36):
kryptomom
by Bronze sister on May. 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My dad graduated in 1951 and we still have his.  That's kind of cool.

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

I know. I still have mine packed away somewhere. Oh well, its a rite of passage I suppose. Im proud of him so he earned it. I wanted to kill him when he lost it but he earned it! Being a single mom for most of the 18 years I have been a mom hasnt allowed me to give them too much extravagance and I wanted to be able to give him the ring he wanted. I cried like a baby when he told me he lost it. Im sooooo glad he finally found it. 

Quoting YourMomma5960:

Makes me wonder what happened to the 3 highschool rings I bought for my kids when they graduated. They are probably lying around in a jewelry box...forgotten that they were such a "have to have" item at one time.

tinysmom160
by Bronze sister on May. 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

It is so hard now days to get things for our kids now days. I always bought year books for the kids but my mom bought the class rings. It was nice to have the extra help. I really do not know how these people with 5 and 6 kids do it.

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Its crazy. I bought my own and it cost $138 back then. It cost me nearly a whole pay check. Now, they are hundreds more. For rings they wont wear forever. I guess we parents dont have to give in and buy them but my son earned it and I havent been able to splurge on my kids much, so this time I did!

Quoting tinysmom160:

Well that is great!!!!!! Do you beleive how much they cost???? It is unreal they should be affordable for every kid. I think my ring back in the 1980 cost $75 dollars now whay has change about they to cost that much more????

obx_Mom
by ~>*<~0bX~HoU$eWiFe~> on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

How cool! I'm glad you found it. 

momandher8
by Bronze sister on May. 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

good

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on May. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Awesome!

letstalk747
by Joyful on May. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)