Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Teacher Appreciation Week

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
Hi everyone,

This coming week is teacher appreciation week. I would like to do something for the teachers, but I'm not sure what since I really don't have any money to spend. I could make them something, maybe. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

graduateChristy

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

how about a card ..thats what my younger son did this weekend,made a beautiful card for his teacher for teacher appreciation week....

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on May. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I don't have any suggestions that don't cost money, LOL. But, what Suzi suggested sounds great~!

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on May. 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

You could go to your local grammar, middle or High school and voulanteer some time to the kids and teachers....they do need a lot of help with taking care of our precious kids so if you have time to help you can become a teachers helper and give back what you have time for!

To all the nuns who taught me if they are still alive after all they endured lol I say thank you and will always keep them in my prayers!!!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Or you could make cookies/cupcakes together and give them along with a card!

thebailiffs
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a home made card is a great idea.  This is the best gift I have ever gotten from a student. It is still hanging on my desk. 

It doesn't take much to thank a teacher. I have been teaching almost 6 years and there is only one family that give me a gift every year.  Not even thank you from the other families.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Hey, there were a lot of great ideas here. Kudos to all the great educators out there who help our children be the best that they can be.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Thank you for what you do for the youngins in your area!

Quoting thebailiffs:

I think a home made card is a great idea.  This is the best gift I have ever gotten from a student. It is still hanging on my desk. 

It doesn't take much to thank a teacher. I have been teaching almost 6 years and there is only one family that give me a gift every year.  Not even thank you from the other families.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

doesnt the pta do anything?

we have a differnt theme for every day and none of it really requires money.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

When I was on PTA we do things for the teachers like meals etc. but as for the kids we would make each day something special like "Bring a Flower for your Teacher" and anything w/a flower, to do with a flower etc. was the limit...  

Check the schools website or ask the office if any handouts were given (we always put extra's in the office).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)