Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Ugh Am I just being a Prude???

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 510 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Hubbies oldest son who is 24 is married and has 2 kids who are not by him ages 3 and 7. When they come to our house they let the boys run a muck! They are very destructive with Ciara's toys and they do not control them. I get very annoyed when hubby tells me they're coming knowing how these kids are and how I have to tell them no and stop and look like the bad person and hubby sits there like nothing. He is not crazy how the up bringing of these kids but he will tolerate it for a few hrs. Where Im just like OMG! And they will not do nothing. I just believe kids need to be taught to be respectful when at other people's house. I feel hubby should talk to his son but then he gets upset with me. Ugh I dunno....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM

well somebody should teach these kids how to behave..maybe your son feels funny to discipline because hes not the bio dad..idk...thats just not  right...

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM
5 moms liked this

I think you have a right to set limits within your home. If no one wants to enforce them, I would put up your daughter's toys so they will not be destroyed. Teaching little ones limits is not mean, it helps them grow into responsible citizens.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on May. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Your house your rules. If whimpy husband won't enforce them Then its on you !

wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Yes hubby told me that Sons wife gets upset if he discipline them and they get into arguments but then she doesnt do a damn thing either! Some people dont belong having kids and shes one of them! He cant come over alone like he wants to cause she gets mad. But its ok for him to get tattoos of both of the boys names today but not ok to discipline them. The 7 yr old called my oldest daughter a name and they just said thats not nice....where I would of got him over to the person and made him apologize and then gave him a 5 min timeout.

Quoting suzi960:

well somebody should teach these kids how to behave..maybe your son feels funny to discipline because hes not the bio dad..idk...thats just not  right...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I just dont get it!! Its up to us to look like a bitch but My man just walks on eggshells with people. Yea I know she doesnt care for me and I dont care I work hard for all my shit...they both dont work. And if she gets pissy with him. Shit then Im the devil to her for telling her kids No and stop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
My oldest Dd who is 22 lives on our property in an apt above the garage and her boyfriend and dog comes on the weekends. And I had it out with Dd cause they bring their dog over when its raining and there's paw prints all over the house and guess who cleans it "I". Well I had enough of it and told her about it and if she cant do anything about it not to bring the dog over. She got pissy but dealt with it and now when it rains and brings him over she wipes his paws. But hubby says its different cause she lives here and his son and his crew comes once a month. But man if the kids dont have Ciaras toys then they find other stuff like climbing on the furniture or pulling at my curtains, playing in the bathroom. Im sorry im just upset and venting away!!! Blah, blah!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Your house your rules. If whimpy husband won't enforce them Then its on you !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTLC
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, your house, your rules. Obviously, they come around because they get something out of it.  set boundaries and see what happens.  Otherwise, put up with it.

hugs

wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Yep agree and thats why I brought it up to hubby. Lets see what happens.

Quoting MissTLC:

I agree, your house, your rules. Obviously, they come around because they get something out of it.  set boundaries and see what happens.  Otherwise, put up with it.

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on May. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Too bad your dh can't go to their place to do the visits. If dh walks on eggshells and ds can't discipline the children, then it looks like you're going to have to and the gf can just get glad in the same pants she got mad in. Tell your hubby that's how it is going to be when the kids act up, if he doesn't do something himself.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on May. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Your house, your rules and YOUR stuff!

Since hubby won't do it, son won't do it, you're the only one left. Sit those rascals down and explain the "No Rules" in your house the minute they walk inside each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)