Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh Am I just being a Prude???

Posted by   + Show Post
Hubbies oldest son who is 24 is married and has 2 kids who are not by him ages 3 and 7. When they come to our house they let the boys run a muck! They are very destructive with Ciara's toys and they do not control them. I get very annoyed when hubby tells me they're coming knowing how these kids are and how I have to tell them no and stop and look like the bad person and hubby sits there like nothing. He is not crazy how the up bringing of these kids but he will tolerate it for a few hrs. Where Im just like OMG! And they will not do nothing. I just believe kids need to be taught to be respectful when at other people's house. I feel hubby should talk to his son but then he gets upset with me. Ugh I dunno....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-24):
angelhart3
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I agree that your hubby should talk to his son as well...

bhow
by Bronze sister on May. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

You are right.  This is my house and I'll be darned if I will let some wild child run amuk around here and destroy things(possibly destroy).  I will and have told other people's kids to "knock it off" when they do something I don't agree with.  I have also spoke up at school when I see kids carrying on too much, shoving, hitting, pushing, chasing in the parking lot...kids get angry fast and a fight could start.

wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Yea im in a hard spot.....and yea I might sound like im picking on my Hubbies son but no I treat all the kids the same. I have 2 and he has 3 and then we have Ciara together. Ive known all his kids for 11 yrs and the oldest knows I am tough but hubby was always the softy. Let me just put this out there when the oldest comes himself with the 2 boys it different. He will sit them boys down when they start acting up and they dont run as wild but when his wife comes its like them boys know they can get away with it cause Mom with them. They know their mom will get upset with Oldest son. So yea mabey they think im hard and dont like me but hey thats how I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PuppetDani
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It is your house and they should act proper. They can act anyway they want at home but in YOUR house they have to RESPECT your rules and feel so free to enforce them. If they wont obey meet them on the lawn and have tea or what ever there and not allow them inside at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)