Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

A shameless brag on myself! ******UPDATE, IM SHAKING!!!!!!*******

UPDI began a media project a few months ago. I guess you could say its an online magazine. It wasnt something I thought of as a money maker but more of a media vent and celebration of parenthood. Im getting ready to go live and I have been really doubting my abilities. Well I just got a letter from our local newspaper publisher who bolstered my enthusiasm greatly.

I had sent him a letter to the editor a long while back about politicians viewing statistics with the blindness to the faces that comprise those very numbers they use to determine funding throughout the year. The newspaper publisher sent me an email asking to publish my letter as an article outside of a letter to the editor and to tell me to pursue writing because he found my work talented. 

(He didnt offer me a job, but I will take it anyway!) 

****I JUST GOT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM THE NEWSPAPER PUBLISHER ASKING IF I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BEING A FREELANCE WRITER FOR THE PAPER! OF COURSE I SAID YES!******

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Great!!!! Congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Thanks Ladies! I really do appreciate the support. If it wasnt for Cafemom I would never have pursued any kind of writing beyond my usual rants and raves. Its your encouragement and suggestions along the way that led me to give it a go. Whether my writing proves of value or not, its nice to have folks you back you no matter what. We are all very fortunate to have this site and that I have you all rooting for me. It means the world!

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Do what I did.....get mad and send a scorching letter to the editor of your local newspaper. I thought all I was doing was proving my inability to control my opinions. Could work for you too!

Luv Ya Back!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

You are living my dream Sissy ((((huge momma hugs))))  Keep writing and continue to share your experience with us....It is possible to get the attention of folks who hear what YOU  have to share and smart enough to share YOUR work with his subscibers!!!! That is the BOMB!!!!  I am proud for you Sissy!!!! Good luck on future chances!!!! luv ya bunches!!!!

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on May. 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I am working on a 'mother book'  The Fairy Best Cottage and already have short stoies for children.  Its a re-training our children to do the right thing and participate as a member of the family....These are gauged for 1-3 reading and I am using site words that these three grades will be tested on later in the schooling process.....

They are age and school appropriate and working with local school principal regarding the 'site words' that OUR local kids will need to know....

I'm into extended projects and keep busy plugging along so when its all done I can share the great news.....40ish is my home for now and it lets me learn and share honestly what I think about,feel about,do about and on and on....

Part of a Sisterhood is to love and share with your sisters all the time and this open line allows us all to be on the same page, which makes 40ish and beyond an awesome place to go for support....your sisters love ya bunches

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Do what I did.....get mad and send a scorching letter to the editor of your local newspaper. I thought all I was doing was proving my inability to control my opinions. Could work for you too!

Luv Ya Back!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

You are living my dream Sissy ((((huge momma hugs))))  Keep writing and continue to share your experience with us....It is possible to get the attention of folks who hear what YOU  have to share and smart enough to share YOUR work with his subscibers!!!! That is the BOMB!!!!  I am proud for you Sissy!!!! Good luck on future chances!!!! luv ya bunches!!!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This gave me goosies!!! Congratulations on a job well done, even if it was a angry letter to the editor. Your writing has so much love and compassion behind it and your pictures show the love. You have the talent....just open up your wings and FLY. Your gonna do well with this latest endeavor that you are embarking in, because we believe you can and will! Luv ya bunches!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

That is awesome. I love it hear too! I love your book idea. Having been on both sides of the equation its not easy to find a balaance. I love it!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

I am working on a 'mother book'  The Fairy Best Cottage and already have short stoies for children.  Its a re-training our children to do the right thing and participate as a member of the family....These are gauged for 1-3 reading and I am using site words that these three grades will be tested on later in the schooling process.....

They are age and school appropriate and working with local school principal regarding the 'site words' that OUR local kids will need to know....

I'm into extended projects and keep busy plugging along so when its all done I can share the great news.....40ish is my home for now and it lets me learn and share honestly what I think about,feel about,do about and on and on....

Part of a Sisterhood is to love and share with your sisters all the time and this open line allows us all to be on the same page, which makes 40ish and beyond an awesome place to go for support....your sisters love ya bunches

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Luv Ya Back!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I really am grateful for all of you ladies and your unwaivering support. That was so nice of you. Thank You. Love to all of you. Im blessed to have all of you!

Quoting maryg38:

This gave me goosies!!! Congratulations on a job well done, even if it was a angry letter to the editor. Your writing has so much love and compassion behind it and your pictures show the love. You have the talent....just open up your wings and FLY. Your gonna do well with this latest endeavor that you are embarking in, because we believe you can and will! Luv ya bunches!

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on May. 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I've always thought that you write well! Congrats and brag away!

wenuck
by Moonshine on May. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Yes!!! Way to go!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN