Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

A shameless brag on myself! ******UPDATE, IM SHAKING!!!!!!*******

UPDI began a media project a few months ago. I guess you could say its an online magazine. It wasnt something I thought of as a money maker but more of a media vent and celebration of parenthood. Im getting ready to go live and I have been really doubting my abilities. Well I just got a letter from our local newspaper publisher who bolstered my enthusiasm greatly.

I had sent him a letter to the editor a long while back about politicians viewing statistics with the blindness to the faces that comprise those very numbers they use to determine funding throughout the year. The newspaper publisher sent me an email asking to publish my letter as an article outside of a letter to the editor and to tell me to pursue writing because he found my work talented. 

(He didnt offer me a job, but I will take it anyway!) 

****I JUST GOT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM THE NEWSPAPER PUBLISHER ASKING IF I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BEING A FREELANCE WRITER FOR THE PAPER! OF COURSE I SAID YES!******

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 7, 2012 at 5:17 PM
YEEESSSS!!!!!! You rock girlfriend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommabelli
by Med Mom on May. 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I just read your update, oh wow!! Congratulations!!

graduateChristy

suzi960
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM

great news    congrats!!!!

tatinbriansmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Good job! So happy for you!

alz2007
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM
That is awesome! I would brag too!!! Great job!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PuppetDani
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Grats

Cutios3
by Sister on May. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Your entitled to brag shamelessly.  That is quite an accomplishment.  I'm certainly impressed!  All those who have been telling you that you're brilliant have been proved right.  Congratulation!  May this be just the beginning of your success.  ~ Cutios

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Thanks again ladies. You are all so wonderful. if any of you are interested, I posted a copy of my letter into the journal section if you want to read it. Forgive my spelling errors. Its one of my pitfalls. Love to you all.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on May. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely love your avatar. Morticia!. the only picture I ever saw of my mother was one in which she looked just like Morticia. I still remember that so vividly and that was over 40 years ago. Love it!

Quoting Cutios3:

Your entitled to brag shamelessly.  That is quite an accomplishment.  I'm certainly impressed!  All those who have been telling you that you're brilliant have been proved right.  Congratulation!  May this be just the beginning of your success.  ~ Cutios

VTHaven
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Will you be signing your articles the "Ass Queen?" ROFLOL I'm kidding of course! I'm SO proud of you!!!! You go girl!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN