Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

work from home

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

I am the (42 yr old) mother of a 6 yr.old girl and a 2 yr. old boy.  Wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for stay at home work.  I do not have a baby sitter.  If I paid someone they would make more than me.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I actually talked with another single Dad and I will be watching his 2 boys this summer.It works out really well since it is around the time my husband works so no weekends are messed up from sitting with kids.It is vacation money for my kids and it is a simple way for kids to have someone to play with.We are planning little things to do this summer so that all the kids have fun, like picnics and such.

It seems that I often get single dads to babysit for -dont know how but they pay well and it helps so much for our family.I guess it is a blessing for the both of us.I think the 2 boys are 6 & 9 so they seem like great kids to have around.I am already planning meals for them so their Dad can help with that-

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I like the idea of babysitting!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
escade
by Sister on May. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Thank you for the replies.  unfortunately I don't know of anyone in need of a babysitter.  It is a great idea though.  Any other ideas please let me know.  Thanks.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

the only REAL work from home that I can think of that isnt a pyramid scheme or something that has you annoying your friends to have home parties is medical transcription work.  But you will be tied to the computer.

If you are really thinking about babysitting you can get the word out at school.  Im sure you know enough familys through the 6 yr old to get the word around.  If you really want a baby sitting job you can not be shy... you HAVE to put your self out there and tell people you are looking for a working family who needs a summer nanny.

Rota
by Sister on May. 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I know of a great stay at home work opportunity that is not a pyramid scheme and you are not annoying your friends ( as someone else suggested). I have been doing this for 3 years and absolutely love it. I have been able to show other moms how they can earn some extra money, did not have to find babysitters or day care AND they also were able to save lots of money on taxes. You see a legitimite home based business is a great tax deduction- think car, car maintenance, gas  ( 50+ cents per mile), part of your mortgage ( or rent), electric, heat, cooling, computer, paper, pencils, etc. If your kids are older than 8 then you can "pay "them and they earn enough to pay for their clothes and school. Etc Etc Etc. All legit.

LFosterfarm
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM

well you've peaked my interest now!

Quoting Rota:

I know of a great stay at home work opportunity that is not a pyramid scheme and you are not annoying your friends ( as someone else suggested). I have been doing this for 3 years and absolutely love it. I have been able to show other moms how they can earn some extra money, did not have to find babysitters or day care AND they also were able to save lots of money on taxes. You see a legitimite home based business is a great tax deduction- think car, car maintenance, gas  ( 50+ cents per mile), part of your mortgage ( or rent), electric, heat, cooling, computer, paper, pencils, etc. If your kids are older than 8 then you can "pay "them and they earn enough to pay for their clothes and school. Etc Etc Etc. All legit.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

what is the name of the company?

Quoting Rota:

LFosterfarm
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

you can baby sit, and you don't have to anybody, I did it for a long time, you can go thru your state children youth and families dept, get paid that way, and or have private pay clients as well.  you have many avenues for baby sitting, I like to call it child care.

iTootsee
by New sister on May. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be careful at any work from home offers that you receive and make sure to thoroughly research the company 1st..  Do not accept any offers that want you to accept money just for you to wire/western union the money to a 3rd party, especially if they are overseas based in countries like Nigeria, UK, Russia ect.  Google the Company with the word "scam" or "fraud" and see if any articles come up.  Be leary if they want you to open an account at a specific bank to receive funds into an account as your main job function.  There are many scams that you can get caught up in and the financial institution will hold you both legally and financially responsible for the transaction. So beware.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

If you do it that way dont you need to be licenced?

Quoting LFosterfarm:

you can baby sit, and you don't have to anybody, I did it for a long time, you can go thru your state children youth and families dept, get paid that way, and or have private pay clients as well.  you have many avenues for baby sitting, I like to call it child care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN