Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

the hardest part of leaving an abusive SO

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 332 Total Views
I find the hardest part of leaving is coming up with rent AND deposit for the move. As well as tryin to hide $$ from him, he wants to know I how I spend every cent. And I have to time it right cos if he finds out Im plannin to leave my car wont be safe, plus he will kick me and dd out on the streets. I thought about a shelter but I really dont want to expose dd to that, plus I work wkends and kids cant be left unatteded, dd is 12.
I found a sweet lil 1bdrm house for $600 w half acre of wooded land, but depost is $600. :(
I guess I have to find an apt w a good move in deal, but I really hate this part of town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this

I am hoping you find the perfect, safe place for you & your daughter! I pray that the money just appears for that move and that the landlord will work with you.

Sending you hugs

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

I am hoping you find the perfect, safe place for you & your daughter! I pray that the money just appears for that move and that the landlord will work with you.

Sending you hugs

I couldnt have said it better.. hugs

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Have you tried calling 211?  they may be able to direct you to a place that will help you move/deposit etc.  Also,  does your city have a housing office (check your cities website)?  Some will help with your payment and you can choose where you live..like your little house! 

good luck!!

wildlilacs
by Bronze sister on May. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Housing takes years, there is a 2 yr waiting list right now. Couple places I called want a police report for DV, sorry, Im not gonna wait till he beats me. His shoving, grabbing, and threats are enough. He breaks things and verbally abusive.

Quoting starlight1968:

Have you tried calling 211?  they may be able to direct you to a place that will help you move/deposit etc.  Also,  does your city have a housing office (check your cities website)?  Some will help with your payment and you can choose where you live..like your little house! 

good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lruggio
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

In my area, we took in a single father and his daughter and got them involved with the homeless coalition.  Because he was considered in a transitioning kind of situation, he was considered homeless.  His housing situation was different than just regular housing, because we was homeless.  We got in into a small cute apartment that the rent and deposit were waived for a while so he could get on his feet.  If there is family or a good friend that you and daughter can stay with to qualify for such a thing, that may be an option.  Look up homeless or transitioning in your area...look up homeless coalition in your area, you may get lucky

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on May. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Good luck sweetie. I hope your able to move soon and to a safe place you can stay for awhile.

emf6874
by Sister on May. 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

http://www.wishuponahero.com/

Give this a try, they will grant very small to huge wishes

mostlymaydays
by Sister on May. 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM
The easiest way I've found to sneaky stash cash is to get cash back at the checkout when paying with the ATM card. The bank statement looks like "$65.41" but no one knows $20 of that total was cash back on top of $45.41. Sorry you have the determination now but not the means.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on May. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Good Luck! I hope you're able to move soon! Stay safe!

Avitar
by Sister on May. 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I had no money or job when I left 6 years ago. Just my baby, purse and diaper bad. When you gotta go, and your safty depends on it, sometimes the goal is to get out of the front door. I stayed in a hotel and called around for open DV shelters. We found one that was open and left in the morning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)