Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I'm new also have a question

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

I'm JC and 40ish and counting.  I am a single mother of 1 boy and trying to have another.  Thanks for allowing me to join and you won't get any drama from me.  I do like to vent sometimes only because I listen to everybody and no one listens to me so sometimes I just want to tell what's on my mind.  Now my question is this.  I have a S/O and we are just trying to have a second child.  Today was the day after my ovulation what's the chances of being preggers and what can I do to increase these odds outside of my just purchasing clomid.  I ask this because I am in the 40 and above range and I get depressed when I hear my odds may be decreasing due to age.  i mean if the 50 and 60 year old can get preggers why can't I?  First vent of the group.  Thanks for listening and your input.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

well first off hello and welcome jc, nice to meet ya...well id say chances are good if you get busy and your periods are regular..good luck and have fun.. i had my second son at almost 41 and theres lots of moms here who became moms at 40 and older..so jump on in and vent away momma!!!!  we all do,,lol

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

WElcome and glad you found us. I say if your a healthy woman then go and have fun and make a baby. I know many woman who had a child in their 40 and some in their 50's.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Welcome!! I don't know anything about that but I'm sure there are some here that can help...

jcmercedez
by Sister on May. 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Thank you all and thanks for the encouragement.  I will keep you informed.

gbcmom
by Bronze sister on May. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Well I had my dd at almost 41. If your healthy, go for it and have fun. My doc refused clomid for Mr, said we hadn't been trying long enough. So I had a friend send me some from Mexico.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I know nothing about increasing your chances...but sounds like you will be having some fun! LOL

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on May. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Welcome to the group! Im not sure hon if I have any advice on what you are asking but I bet someone will!! Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Dianna

LFosterfarm
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM

when my second husband and I were trying, I was told to elevate my pelvic area up for at least 30 minutes afterwards, so I put pillows under me and watched tv.  I also took an herbal supplement called Lydia Pinkam and it worked both times I wanted to get pregnant.  welcome to the group, venting is always allowed, and we are pretty drama free!

firelites
by Anne on May. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM

welcome to the group  and best of wishes for a new baby

Lovingmyland
by Dee on May. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)