Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I have a confession to make to all my Sisters.....

Posted by   + Show Post

embarrassedI forgot to pay the $12 water bill which is for last month and the man came to the door to cut it off.That bill turned into $45 with the cut on fee....I have not done that in over a year!How does someone forget a $12 bill??? Yep, that would be me!!

See WHY I really want to quit school???laughingOh well at least we can take a shower!!

butterflyKay

by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
grateful01
by Sister on May. 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you kidding me? What? Cut your water off over a pass due $12.00 bill, and charge $45.00 to cut the water back on? I can't believe it!!!! Rediculous!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes we forget! It's all good. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyluke2007
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Yeah for the gas the reconnect fee is $180 and for the electric it is $25.  Beaats me where they come up with these prices. 

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

Quoting ladyluke2007:

How about a $23 gas bill and the reconnection fee is almost 10 times that amount.  Yep, that was my sometymers moment.

Oh no! That is way too high to reconnect-what are these folks thinking when they come up with these charges??? It is aweful. Our electric requires a down payment added to bill if it is cut off.I try really hard to remember that one because of the high deposit-

I bet I dont forget for a while writing that check for $45-I think I heard my checkbook gasp for airlaughingHugs-

wildlilacs
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Dont quit school!!!! It may be hard and things slip our minds, but when you finish, the stress will lessen and things will be better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

thank youI needed to hear that.It is down to the last 2 years of my degree and I heard it will get harder in the work.I do look forward to when I can help to support our family and my forgetfulness is making me stress more.

Quoting wildlilacs:

Dont quit school!!!! It may be hard and things slip our minds, but when you finish, the stress will lessen and things will be better.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting grateful01:

Are you kidding me? What? Cut your water off over a pass due $12.00 bill, and charge $45.00 to cut the water back on? I can't believe it!!!! Rediculous!

Crazy aint it?? The past due amount of $12 plus late fees was due by yesterday since new bill, I think is maybe $18 this month, is due also.It totally slipped my mind until the water dept guy was here! I must have looked so puzzled as it took me a minute to figure what he was saying-

So for a total bill of $33 , cost $35 to reconnect and as I looked at the paper receipt, the guy was supposed to collect another $20 for accepting payment!! He was being very nice and just accpeted past due amount & $35.I was like this will be the last time

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

that ok we do stuff now/then..

I had paid our electric and some guy shows up to turn it OFF...dh took out the recpt. and everything...we called the elect. company and they'd posted it to the WRONG acct.  

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

We had that happen to our Direct Tv bill, luckily the lady called them to tell them she keeps getting paid statements when she hasnt paid it in 3 months, but our bill was getting higher-

Glad they found the mistake for you-Wow! Some can be careless when posting someone's bill

Quoting starlight1968:

that ok we do stuff now/then..

I had paid our electric and some guy shows up to turn it OFF...dh took out the recpt. and everything...we called the elect. company and they'd posted it to the WRONG acct.  

kokyuhomama
by Bronze sister on May. 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to over 40!  bouncing

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on May. 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh well, I've done that before, I was lucky enough to be home and the man gave me time to go pay it while he made some other rounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)