Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Sisters I Need Ideas Please...

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 288 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My Dh is graduating after going back to college at age 46.  He has been unemployed (some part time work) for 3 years and in school full time.  he is getting a degree in Surgical Technology and will be working in the OR (soon I hope).  He has worked his butt of getting all high B's and A's while in school. A great role model for my boys.  I want to get him a gift but it needs to be affordable and thoughtful.  I was going to get him a really nice new pair of sneakers since he will be on his feet all day but he went and bought himself some a week ago.  My max to spend is $100 unfortunately, less would even be better.  I only have a couple days :(  Any ideas?!

Thanks so much! ~Robyn

by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I think I would get him maybe a gift card to his favorite place like an outdoor place.
Congrats to him!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redlady125
by Silver sister on May. 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

HOW ABOUT U ASK HIM WHAT HE WOULD LIKE ,MAYBE U CAN GIVE HIM THE MONEY AND TELL HIM TO GET WHA THE  MAY WANT.TELL HIM CONRATS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ,U NEED TO ENJOY HIS TIME WITH U BECAUSE IF HE IS GOING TO WEOK IN THE( OR,)way to goHE WILL BE BUSY,

LindaSapphire
by Bronze sister on May. 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for him. What about a stethoscope? Or take him out for a nice dinner at his favorite restaurant and the two of you celebrate!

MissTLC
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
What about a nice pen and get it engraved if you can afford it. Maybe a specialty shop at a mall can give you a good deal. Its an idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thill06
by Sister on May. 22, 2012 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Stethoscope is a good idea or scrubs...gift card at a scrubs store?

MaggiesMom208
by Sister on May. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Good job!  Since you can't buy him a new butt (since he worked his off! haha) I always go for a massage.  Work out all those knots and stress, get him refreshed for the job search. 

VTHaven
by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM

This was my thought. Things are just things but time spent together will be scarce in the upcoming weeks if he starts doing the OR stuff...so I would use the money to take him out for a special date.

If someTHING though is what you had in mind...why not a nice lab coat?

Quoting LindaSapphire:

Good for him. Or take him out for a nice dinner at his favorite restaurant and the two of you celebrate!

mustbeGRACE
by Bronze sister on May. 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Create a shadow box, from Hobby Lobby or some such store  and put some surgical tools in there beside a hard copy of Surgical Assisting 101 to hang on the wall.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on May. 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get him a nice stethoscope. You can go to a surgical supply shop or go anywhere really. They'll cost you between $50.00 and higher. I'm a medical assistant, I need a new, nice one! doctor

LFosterfarm
by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

the OR's are wearing skull caps alot now, what about a nice set of scrubs and skull cap, something not so boring!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)