Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Florida

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

Have an of you mom's ever been to Venice Beach, Florida? How would you rate it?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM

no i havent....

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM

no... never been.

went to florida for the first time this past jan.... love/hate feeling for me in Miami.  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Venice nope but have been to Palm Beach (west), Satellite beach and Pebble beach

Pherawyn
by New sister on May. 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I have lived in FL the past 10 yrs and have never been! LOL. Work, school, kids...just no time. I have been to Daytona, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Sebastian, St Augustine, Jacksonville, and of course Orange Park, which is where I live. If you go, let me know if you like it! :-) Right now dealing with subtropical storm, Beryl, and hoping my trees make it through alright. I knew I should've had the one cut down...it got ravaged by carpenter ants. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Bronze sister on May. 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

yes, about a 6, when we were there, the surf was kinda rough and there was a lot of seaweed.  thats where you can find shark teeth though, that's its real ckaim to fame.

ardan85
by sister of the year on May. 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Oh man, I hope you got through the storm without damage. Sounds like you have gone to lots of places in Florida! Overall, I am taking a group of ten to Florida next April an want a great spot. My son would LOVE to find shark teeth, so we definetly want to spend some time there.  Would really like to be on the beach...any suggestions????  :)

ardan85
by sister of the year on May. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Are there places to stay right on the beach? I have been researching and am having a difficult time telling the distance stores are . Any insight would be great!! Thanks!

LFosterfarm
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I can't believe it but I get to say yes to this!!  we went just last summer in July.  we started out at sarasota which was beautiful, but so crowded!  so we went down to Venice which is completley different.  the sand is different, the color the texture.  I didn't think the surf was bad at all, we were there for hours playing swimming and looking for shells.  and the best part, it was hardly crowded.  Now as far as a place on the beach if I recall there were a few but can't tell you names.  That is the one place hubby, the kids, and I want to go back to if we ever get the chance.  We Loved It!!!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on May. 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I have been to Florida but not to Venice Beach, Florida.

anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on May. 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I have been there, a long time ago, and it was just okay.  Siesta Key, a little to the north, is beautiful and has lots of sand dollars.  For shells, there's nothing better than Sanibel, further south.  Have a great trip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)