Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Have an of you mom's ever been to Venice Beach, Florida? How would you rate it?

by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-12):
ardan85
by sister of the year on May. 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Hi there!   So Venice isn't the white sand type of beach, right? Did you find any shark teeth? I am looking at so many areas they are all looking the same! LOL   All I know is I want a nice place to stay and my son would soooooooooo love the shark teeth experience! Thanks for responding!

LFosterfarm
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM

that's originally how the whole thing started, sharks teeth, hubby went when he was a kid and found lots.  we didn't find any but if I'm not mistaken the best time is in the mornings.  they told us they had to bring in about 2 feet worth of sand from the gulf due to the errosion from the hurricanes.  we did find shells though lol..sarasota is white, venice is black, sarasota had really soft fine sand, venice was course and rough, but we still really enjoyed it.  it's funny, the 2 beaches are like 20 minutes apart, and completely different!

Quoting ardan85:

Hi there!   So Venice isn't the white sand type of beach, right? Did you find any shark teeth? I am looking at so many areas they are all looking the same! LOL   All I know is I want a nice place to stay and my son would soooooooooo love the shark teeth experience! Thanks for responding!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN