Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

found my way to stop nightime snacking

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 421 Total Views
3 moms liked this

My mom and I are trying a Dr. Oz thing we read in a recent Woman's World magazine using tea. We both like tea so what the heck. One of the things is to drink cinnamon or bilberry tea with dinner to keep blood sugar stabilized and control night time eating.

well I have had out of control snacking for the last month or so and have put on 10lbs  which annoyed me...and I'm sure its the nightime eating since I don't usually eat what I've been eating.

5 days ago I started with cinnamon tea since I love cinnamon anyway.

I haven't had any overeating since. I eat dinner, dessert  with a cup of tea, about 7 and thats that. no craving, no looking... no struggle to keep on track. I just haven't wanted anything.

I've dropped about 5lbs and thats with eating high high sodium meals at least once a day ( i retain water like a beaver built Hoover damn). Now i need to cut out some of the unhealthy meals and add back in my veggies and salads and sensible eating and see how I do then, lol

by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LFosterfarm
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

wow, good for you, my hubby is a night time snacker as well.  wonder if I could get him to try this?  but cinnamon is terrific for sugar issues!  and I quit buying sugar we only use stevia.  now summer's here and I buy the sugar to make hummingbird food, and all the baking I've been doing.  I need it gone! lol

suzi960
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM

hmm this is interesting.. ill try that....

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on May. 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Good job, something to think about for sure!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

if I get the munchies I will eat lil carrots and some fat free dressing.  I think I'll eat maybe 4 or 5 and I'm done ...they say you what calories you get you "use up" munching those things LOL...

I have some apple/cinn tea that I may make now too!!  Can it be cold or hot is better??

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on May. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

good for you...

firelites
by Anne on May. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

sounds good I will try it happy memorial day

keljo05
by Kelly on May. 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM

i drink it hot, but either should be fine

Quoting starlight1968:

if I get the munchies I will eat lil carrots and some fat free dressing.  I think I'll eat maybe 4 or 5 and I'm done ...they say you what calories you get you "use up" munching those things LOL...

I have some apple/cinn tea that I may make now too!!  Can it be cold or hot is better??

kirbymom
by Sister on May. 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Awesome!   Congratulations.   :) 

You have just inspired me to try that myself.  Now is that the only thing you did? Nothing else, when you started? 

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on May. 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I will have to try that! I have tried to cut out all my sweet tea and drink more water but cinnamon sounds great-thanks for sharing

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

If it were just black tea I would be ok but I am not fond of cinnamon and not in my tea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)