Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Does anyone else's kid do this? Rant!

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
Han just got a lesson in vacuuming. I literally had just finished vacuuming the carpet and winding up the cord when she came downstairs and emptied the playground bark from her shoes onto the living room rug. I'd been wondering about the piles in the bathroom, but I assumed it had fallen out when she took her shoes off; as it turns out it was quite deliberate : (
I made her clean it up!!
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juanita679
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
bump

caro100
by Bronze sister on May. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yeah,  mine are all grown and they still do things like that, and get to clean up still.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on May. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No we remove shoes before entering the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by MB on May. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Sounds pretty typical!! LOL

suzi960
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM

well my boys dont do that, but they always are good for making a mess after i broke my butt cleaning.... hubby is no different....ughhhh

Jerzymom
by Support Team Sister on May. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Good for you! I make my kids take their shoes off at the door when they come in. Just the other day, wouldn't you know it one of them comes tracking in dirt all through the house. You bet I made them clean it up. Kids...gotta love them.

firelites
by Anne on May. 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

sounds about normal, if I want a 'parade' all I have to do is mop the floor and here they all come

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on May. 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM

No, but my pets sure muck it up, the minute the floor is cleaned.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on May. 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My dogs are the worst - especially my little one. She loves to dig up my yard. The other day she got into my wood box and chewed up bark all over the carpet. And right after I bathed them they rolled in the dirt - uhg! That's why I don't enforce the no shoes in the house rule. It's pointless. I tried washing paws everytime they came in, but I got lazy...Still, the kid's shoes were off. She was putting them on at the door before school. I was incredulous when she walked to the middle of the living room and dumped the bark. BUSTED!

Quoting firelites:

sounds about normal, if I want a 'parade' all I have to do is mop the floor and here they all come

LFosterfarm
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

yep mine used to do that till they had to clean it up themselves!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)