Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

A Pizza post........YUMMY!!!

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM
  • 49 Replies
  • 502 Total Views
2 moms liked this

So who here LUVS pizza the way that I do?!?!!  That is my FAVE fast food.  My second choice is Chinese.  But anyway, I had THE BEST slice of pizza that I have had in a loooooonng time from a Sbarro's at our local mall last weekend.  I was sooo tempted to get a second slice, but their slices are pretty big and I was getting full, so I was a good girl and stuck with one.  The crust was perfect though.........I like mine thinner and on the crispy side.  Lots of cheese and lighter on the sauce, but just enough to make it delish!!!  ;-)  I think this weekend I will head back there for more! 

We usually order pizza and/or stromboli's once a week on a Thurs. or Friday night.  But I have been disappointed the past couple of times with how they made the pies (from a Bravo and also a Pat's pizza place).  Too much sauce, and the crust was too thick, chewy, and doughy for my liking.  But this Sbarro's slice was to die for!!!!  And I also order sometimes from a Sal's pizza joint which is very good!!  So what is your fave place to get pizza from?  Do you have any favorite toppings and/or types of pizza?  My son loves white garlic with broccoli, and also chicken bbq, which is pretty yummy too for something different once in awhile!!!  What about you gals?  And HAPPY FRIDAY to ya's!!!!  ~  Danielle

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore!!!"  lol  Can't get this song out of my head now.  Here girls, have a slice.........I will share.  ;-)

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Del672
by Silver sister on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Stromboli stuffed with sun dried tomato, spinache, bacon and lots of feta...my fave!!!

MB13
by MB on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

We have Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Ci Cis, Papa Johns, Little Ceasars, and one family owned place.  The one family owned restaurant has the best pizza here.  I am pretty burnt out on the chain restaurant pizza.  I do like Sbarro's and wish we still had one here.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My favorite pizzas are chicken and broccoli with white sauce, plain cheese, and the Sporkie ( ricotta cheese, sausage, and mozerella) from Bertuccis. We have a lot of small pizzerias around here that are fabulous. Of course there is Santarpios and Reginas in the North End of Boston that can't be beat. Bertuccis is the only big chain restaurant pizza that I like.

suzi960
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

what a great post dani...lol...one of my fav topics . food .lol..i luv me a good slice of pizza.ive had a few uncles that owned pizzerias here in ny.also in jersey and yes even pennsylvania dani..lol....so yes im a pizza lover and know a good slice when i eat one..and these places like dominoes and ceasers,dont do it for me....sbarros happens to be the better of the chained owned places.....one of my fav pizzas is white..ricoota,mozzerella and no sauce....its soooo good....

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Love pizza...I love to toss the dough in the air and top it with some pepperoni, mozzarella, and lite sauce. Thin crust to fold in half and dig in....yum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Lou Malnati's has the best pizza I've ever eaten! Mmmm...I love veggies on my pizza =)

eating

BL2010
by Just Me on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the thin crusted, crispy cooked pizza. Either pepperoni, sausage or just plain cheese for me.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a guy down the street from Philly and he is the ONLY one that really knows what/how to make a true stombolli (other than my dad did lol).

Dh like Pizza Hut so we get that more often than Joe's Pizza (which I love).  We got a super supreme the other night and I do have to say it was a yummy crust/pizza.

I like pepperoni, mushrooms and blk olives on mine.  I usually pull off the sausage and give it to the dog lol...

kryptomom
by Bronze sister on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion, it's not pizza if it ain't got pepperoni.

looneymom424
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I still cant eat pizza I have to learn to eat with my dentures and cant eat with my gums bummer I love Candian bacon pizza or BBQ pizza from CiCis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)