Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

To reply or not to reply, that is the question???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 63 Replies
  • 2004 Total Views

Ok ladies, I'm curious, what makes you decide to reply to a post?  and those of you that don't reply, why don't you??  This is the no shy zone, so come on and tell me!!!!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM
5 moms liked this

I reply because even if it's something I'm not interested in, I want that momma to know that we are always here!

javamom12
by Bronze sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this
If I feel if I have something to add or advice or support to give I will reply. If I don't have anything good to add I usually don't reply.
Del672
by Silver sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The above reason. If I don't reply, it's usually because, I don't have a solution, etc. 

Machelle669
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM
bump

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

thanks for responding! :)

luvsherboyz
by Silver sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Just like now... I start to write a reply and don't like the way it's coming out so I begin to start over. Sometimes I'm curious as to the post and the replies especially if it might enlighten me personally. Sometimes the post is boring. Sometimes I would like to type in a reply that wouldn't be very nice, so I just hold my tongue (or fingers in this case). Sometimes I don't think I have anything new to offer as in advise or suggestions. And sometimes I'm not sure my words even matter to the OP. I like to use the "like button" and it should indicate my support with the reply or post w/o actually writing a reply. It's a good question though....

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

if it is something I am knowledgable in I reply. something I have no clue in or am left not knowing what to say I don't. I either bump it or don't answer. If I feel they are starting drama I just ignore it period. If it is a cute or funny post ( you can usually tell by the title) I at least read it cause I need to occupy my mind somewhere else. If I am having a bad day I generally don't answer post  at all cause they may not be nice answers. If it is one of my don't give a damn days I don't answer, just look for the funny stuff to read.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I will reply either with a comment or a sweetpea just so they know someone read it and esp. if I have a opinion lol..

disnchntdwife
by Bronze sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I usually reply if it is something I can relate to. I dont reply in cases where I feel I havent experienced those feelings or if it doesnt apply to me.

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

If I have been through it or perhaps have a helpful idea. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)