Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

To reply or not to reply, that is the question???

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok ladies, I'm curious, what makes you decide to reply to a post?  and those of you that don't reply, why don't you??  This is the no shy zone, so come on and tell me!!!!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
jurnee14
by Sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I reply if I feel I can help or add something new to the conversation. Many times, what I want to say has been said already. 

subiemama
by Bronze sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Well, whatever the reasons, I am glad when people reply to my posts, it makes me feel better. I always get bummed when I see that it's had 58 views, but only have 9 responses...but then again, as I really value the opinions of those who care, and if some don't care enough to respond, then I guess I am better off. :)

blondie805
by Sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of the time I reply because I feel a certain compassion that compels me to help. If I can make someone smile, then, God has blessed me for the day. Sometimes it's because the post is so offensive that I have to say something or if it is truly something that I must say. Other times it's because it's a cute and funny post. I like those especially because while I am trying to make someone smile, they are doing it to me.

I heard this quote: If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.on vacation

MomofBoys838
by Bronze sister on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I reply if I feel like I can give some advice on what worked for me in a similar situation.

I usually won't reply if there are more than, say, 60 responses already, because I'm not sure if my response will be read or not, and I feel pretty sure that the person has enough advice by now....lol..

If I have no words to add, I'll give a sweetpea or 'hugs'

ladybugMarie

tracirose6
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I reply to the posts I feel I have somewhat of a knowledge of. If I dont know what to say or what would be helpful I do not reply. I dont want to say something that is incorrect or wrong. *shrugs*

smile357
by Linda on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I reply to almost everything. If I'm having a bad day I tend to just browse and if something hits me I'll reply. However I do like to let people know that I'm there for them.

MomofSCMJJA
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I often reply.  Then before I hit the button, I re-read the post and often will second guess myself (do I sound too Know-it-all, too silly, too bossy?) and end up deleting it.  Or what I was going to say has already been said.  Or I wonder if I could possibly offend someone with what I said.  or it could be taken the wrong way even if it is not offensive...etc...etc

fern624
I so mad I had my computer fixed. And now that I have it back. It just died on me. I had all these siggys an d my dumb computer dies on me.Every move I made it would just die it would shut itself off., I mean it would shut down competely down...
Yesterday at 10:36 AM
by Silver sister on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I only answer post that or where maybe i can help or i can relate to...Sometimes i just get lost for words or just not sure how to put the reply in words...But i do love to post and reply...But i cant get to all of them in every group i''m in,own,and admin...Oh how i do try...♥ † ((HUGS))fern

stuswf
by Gold sister on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I reply with words of encouragement if I don't know what to say. If its something I know or have had experience with I share it. If its something neato I like to say thanks for sharing. If I don't know what to say at all I bump. I'm just a yacker in real life anyway:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urselbaker
by Sister on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I reply because I always feel the need to really help someone, if I don't reply it's because I don't know the answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN