Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

To reply or not to reply, that is the question???

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok ladies, I'm curious, what makes you decide to reply to a post?  and those of you that don't reply, why don't you??  This is the no shy zone, so come on and tell me!!!!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
VTHaven
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I reply to posts without a lot of posts...unless it's a running post. I feel I don't have much to offer on the larger ones that hasn't already been said and I often don't have time to read through 30+ posts to know what has already been offered. I also go by title...if it's interesting, I check it out. I also lean towards certain posters who I've come to enjoy chatting with and sometimes depending on my mood and time..I might just go down the list and hit every one! In other words...I have no real method of answering.

FaithsMOM52
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

angel               I try to respond to most people ' s post.  Sometimes I may not have time to respond @ that moment, however when I can I will go back and give my opinion, or comment.   I usually like to reply to those I can relate to or if someone needs some advice and I have been through it, I will reply to that post.  There are times ( like now ) I may not feel like posting, but I try to do it anyway.  I LOVE reading post that are funny,& have something postive to say.  I also like to be postive whenever I reply to a post.  I try to never be negative toward anyone.butterfly

LLICE
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM
If it's a question I have experience with or know the answer to I'll sometimes answer.
If it's something my opinion/advice can help I'm more likely to speak up.
If it's funny I'm more likely to speak up.
Unless I see someone's already answered.
Or it's just too complicated to answer concisely.
Or I see nasty people arguing & don't care to get involved.
I'll even sometimes get a reply typed out & decide nobody cares if I don't speak up - & erase it!
And yea, sometimes I'm too shy...

terri-553
by Terri on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I don;t post it simply means I have nothing to offer

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think I feel the same way.

Quoting subiemama:

Well, whatever the reasons, I am glad when people reply to my posts, it makes me feel better. I always get bummed when I see that it's had 58 views, but only have 9 responses...but then again, as I really value the opinions of those who care, and if some don't care enough to respond, then I guess I am better off. :)

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

i bet you'd be surprised if you actually sent those reply's!!  I really think it simply that someone took the time to reply.

Quoting MomofSCMJJA:

I often reply.  Then before I hit the button, I re-read the post and often will second guess myself (do I sound too Know-it-all, too silly, too bossy?) and end up deleting it.  Or what I was going to say has already been said.  Or I wonder if I could possibly offend someone with what I said.  or it could be taken the wrong way even if it is not offensive...etc...etc

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I can tell you that not only I but the other admins care if you speak up.  This is why I"m here, we are so diverse and I always read responses and posts, I literally go thru every single post and start over again.  I even feel bad when I miss something.  I reply if nothing else to let them know that I care, either way. 

Quoting LLICE:

If it's a question I have experience with or know the answer to I'll sometimes answer.
If it's something my opinion/advice can help I'm more likely to speak up.
If it's funny I'm more likely to speak up.
Unless I see someone's already answered.
Or it's just too complicated to answer concisely.
Or I see nasty people arguing & don't care to get involved.
I'll even sometimes get a reply typed out & decide nobody cares if I don't speak up - & erase it!
And yea, sometimes I'm too shy...

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I reply if I think I have good advice to offer or if I think they might even need a Hug. I don't reply to some because as I have heard if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all.

szyszko
by Bronze sister on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM

If I have some thi ng add or helpful advice I'll respond otherwise I don't.  Was that helpful?  :)

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I reply if I have a positive response or can provide some helpful input. However, If I strongly disagree or feel that my input would be negative or feed into a drama situation I pass on a comment. There are also sometimes I draw a complete blank and I have nothing to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)