Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

would love info on Colorado!

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

I will be visiting Colorado next with my daughters month to look at:

UofC @ Colorado Springs, Boulder, U of Northern CO, & CO State U

I would love opinions on the schools (yes, we have done the research and have our own opinions but it is nice to get a locals view too)

I would also love to get recommendations on a place to stay.  We are trying to choose between staying in Boulder and Ft. Collins.  

I have two places I like in Boulder: St. Julien & Briar Rose B&B... opinions on either>?

I would love suggestions on places in Ft. Collins.  A nice hotel and a B&B.

Any suggestions on non-college things to do and see would be great.  And I would love restaurant suggestions too.... non-chain please, something that really gives us a flavor of the place.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

bump 

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Oh my u will be in my neck of the woods first of all a early welcome to u and your girls, i have stayed only at the briar rose it was a very nice place dont make it up towards ft collins sorry, must sees are the pearl street mall just so u can say u been there, if u have time i bet your girls would love to see estes park u will love it too! Stop at lauras and get some rasberry fudge omg, you could also stay in loveland in between the schools its like its name lovely beautiful parks too, eat places in boulder there are little eat shops on the pearl street mall that are unique and very boulder! I will get back to u as my hub has a niece at the school there, my sister works as a rn at boulder she may have ideas for u
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

is the pearl street mall the city street that they blocked off and made in to a pedestrian way?  LOVED IT.... sooo dang cute!

We are definately trying to get a couple hikes in.  I know if we drive towards the flat irons there is a nice little hike there.

thanks for getting back with more... thanks!!!

Quoting mrgetinold:

Oh my u will be in my neck of the woods first of all a early welcome to u and your girls, i have stayed only at the briar rose it was a very nice place dont make it up towards ft collins sorry, must sees are the pearl street mall just so u can say u been there, if u have time i bet your girls would love to see estes park u will love it too! Stop at lauras and get some rasberry fudge omg, you could also stay in loveland in between the schools its like its name lovely beautiful parks too, eat places in boulder there are little eat shops on the pearl street mall that are unique and very boulder! I will get back to u as my hub has a niece at the school there, my sister works as a rn at boulder she may have ideas for u

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM

bump

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM

bump

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I was watching the news last night and apprently there is a big fire by fort collins.  very smoky there, just thought I would warn you as maybe you can bring masks for yourselves incase it's real bad.

BL2010
by Just Me on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Never been to CO. But good luck!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

we are not going until July... I pray that it doesnt last THAT long.

here in so. cal. we are VERY familiar with fires

Quoting LFosterfarm:

I was watching the news last night and apprently there is a big fire by fort collins.  very smoky there, just thought I would warn you as maybe you can bring masks for yourselves incase it's real bad.

LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

sad isn't it, we have the largest fire on record right now, along with IDK maybe 4 or 5 more active fires in the state right now.  and the one has been going since last month, it's taken them a month to get it 38% contained!  But I figured I would give you a heads up, as I thought about you when I heard it.

Quoting sahlady:

we are not going until July... I pray that it doesnt last THAT long.

here in so. cal. we are VERY familiar with fires

Quoting LFosterfarm:

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

no suggestions but it looks ike a nice place to live...very scenic and pretty...hope everything works out for you all...good luck to you and your family:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)