Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cabbage Soup Diet starts today!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

I'm starting the Cabbage Soup Diet today.  I have done this diet several times before and have been very successful in losing 5 lbs in 5 days.  The diet calls for 7 days but  only do 5 days.  This time I have 3 friends doing it with me.  One has more weight to lose and last time she did it she lost 10 and kept off 6 a month later.  I'm going to Florida on vacation in less than 2 weeks so want that quick weightloss and hopefully fit into last years shorts etc. I know its not the greatest thing but I do eat a ton of fruits and veggies on it.  I made the huge pot of soup last night. Strange thing s my kids love the soup too. I'll let you know how I do!

~Robyn

p.s. I walked 4.2 miles this 5:15a.m. 

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM
You are braver than me .... Hahaha
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I too have done this with a lot of success...my only issue is the extra...well GAS it produces. My family doesn't like me as much when I do this diet...but I like it because I can EAT. I have never done BEANO with it...I wonder if that would counter act that????

39holding519
by Bronze sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Surprisingly I don't find it makes me much "gasier".  Maybe it is just how my body reacts to cabbage. Also with the family eatng it too, perhaps we don't notice as much.  Good idea about the Beano, I maybe should keep someon hand just in case. :)

Quoting VTHaven:

I too have done this with a lot of success...my only issue is the extra...well GAS it produces. My family doesn't like me as much when I do this diet...but I like it because I can EAT. I have never done BEANO with it...I wonder if that would counter act that????

Dereksmom1018
by Sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I'm on it too!!!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done this, it not only cleans you out but it lowers chloestrol too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
39holding519
by Bronze sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM

What day are you on?  We should check in with each other! Have you done it before.  I can o nly do it for 5 days, I just don't have the will power on the weekend. Plus I get really sick of it by the end. 5 days is reasonable for me. I've always lost 5 in 5 but hoping for alittle more if I add in more walking. Let me know how you do!

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

I'm on it too!!!!

Dereksmom1018
by Sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Quoting 39holding519:

What day are you on?  We should check in with each other! Have you done it before.  I can o nly do it for 5 days, I just don't have the will power on the weekend. Plus I get really sick of it by the end. 5 days is reasonable for me. I've always lost 5 in 5 but hoping for alittle more if I add in more walking. Let me know how you do!

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

I'm on it too!!!!

ok. i'm on day 2. i really have a small goal...my scale has been stuck on 171. Today it says 170. I just want it to say 169. Then I'll go back to regular dieting. Don't you hate plateaus!!!

suzi960
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM

whats in the soup besides cabbage ladies...

and good luck sweety...

39holding519
by Bronze sister on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Thats great... 1 more lb, you'll be there before you know it. It's important to have reasonable goals! Good for you!

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Quoting 39holding519:

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

I'm on it too!!!!

ok. i'm on day 2. i really have a small goal...my scale has been stuck on 171. Today it says 170. I just want it to say 169. Then I'll go back to regular dieting. Don't you hate plateaus!!!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I have done this diet in the past and thought about it again this week. What I do is take 1c containers and place my soup in them and place in my fridge so I can just take them out and heat and eat. I also take one for the day and instead of eating the soup I blend it and drink it.

I also have a gassy tummy when I eat it and eat peppermint but I might try beano as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)