Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

New

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 483 Total Views

Hello All, I'm Linda.  I was on CM when they first started up, left 2 years ago and now I'm back.  I'm divorced 3 times, just remarried for the 4th time.  4th time is the charm, right?  LOL  I married my high school best friend.  I have 2 girls, 19 and 22 and a 19 year old step son who has lived with us for 3 years. 

My life is about fun, and my children are amazing.  I'm a practice manager for an animal hospital, surrounded by 20 year olds.  I don't have many friends, so I'm looking forward to talking to women who are my age. 

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Welcome back and welcome to 40ish!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzi960
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM

hey linda welcome to 40ish!!!youll find friends here for sure.. jump on in and enjoy!!!!

Dereksmom1018
by Sister on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Hi, I'm Beth and will be 44 next week. What do you wanna talk about?

catchup29
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Hello Beth, I actually don't have pressing right now....just sitting at work, listening to these 20 somethings discuss how tragic their lives are!  LOL

Dereksmom1018
by Sister on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Hello Beth, I actually don't have pressing right now....just sitting at work, listening to these 20 somethings discuss how tragic their lives are!  LOL

Drama!! Do they look at you like mom? Or do they ignore you because of the age difference?

catchup29
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Drama!! Do they look at you like mom? Or do they ignore you because of the age difference?

Oh like mom.  Especially since I work in the inner city, so the family structure for most of them isn't very solid.  I've been asked to help look for houses, babysitters, help with baby daddy issues, school, ect.  One of the girls call me, "white momma".  LOL  But the things they are dealing with, I couldn't even imagine my children dealing with.....

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

G'day Linda - welcome to 40ish.  I'm Aramanth from Australia - call me Manth, most people do.  I'm lucky enough to have been married to my best friend for the past 19 years and we have two amazing daughters aged 16 and 17.  

We're glad to have you here.  Find yourself an interesting conversation - or start one - and jump right on in.  We're a friendly bunch!

Rsangel64
by Sister on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Welcome back, I usually pop in and out here also, will try and be here more often....

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Welcome back Linda, glad you joined our group.

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

welcome back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)