Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

my first post here:) what do you think?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 831 Total Views
So my oldest dd 20 almost 21 wants to get on the pill she asks if she can get on my she ins, I said no because you have to renew it at the end of the year and you can't change it blah, so I said why do you want get on the pill all if a sudden... She says she really doesn't want any kids.. cool I get it... I said this kinda effects more them just you thou she has had the same bf for six years... I said why doesn't he go in half with you because if you have a kid its going to be that way... And a hell of a lot more money then this!! I said its not just you your protecting its him too... So I would think he would be happy to help... do you all think guys should be willing just as much as we are in this area... if it means money they should help out..
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

For your first post it is GREAT!!

If she has been with her BF for 6 years and they have a child then I think he should pay for half of her (and his) protection. Could she not go to the woman health dept or plan parenthood where they base birth control on her income???

Oh welcome to the group!!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I think your advice to her was right on.

GE1
by Bronze sister on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you. It takes two to make a child and if they want protection it should be for the both of them

peacheylady
by Silver sister on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. :)

You told her right. She is grown and she needs to pay her own way for birth control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee205
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Just wondering out loud... when are they going to make a bc pill or some other sort of long term bc for men.  I hate that it's always put on the woman.

Good advice to your daughter, I think.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Welcome to the group!

I have to agree with you on this one-I think the guys should be responsible for BC too.I think it is a good idea for her BF to pay half since you cannot add her to your insurance.After all it is concerning him too.

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

This!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I think your advice to her was right on.

redlady125
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM

WELCOME TO THE GROUP ,U R ADVICE TO HER WAS RIGHT

flowrsgalore
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Welcome.  I think you definitely gave her something to think about,  and I think if he declines  it says a lot about him. I recall my first appointments at planned parenthood to get bc. There was no way I would broach that with either of my parents.  Honestly I think it's much better to be able to have a conversation with an open minded parent than take chances.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)