Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

So Furious!! ****UPDATE****

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 487 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Things are slow at work and usually are for the summer months! I have been employed this time with them for 2.5yrs and for 7yrs before that!! I was just told that as of June 30th I may not have a job!! At least for the summer and possibly not in sept either! I am furious because just 2 weeks ago we were all told that our jobs were secure and we were all fine!! Now this..I don't know what to do!! I have NEVER in my life been unemployed!! I shall wait and see how things play out! Maybe its time for me to go back to school!! Please pray that I keep my job!!!

****UPDATE****

Well things have been all over the place this last week BUT things are good..I am staying where I am but a wee bit shorter hours (I will take it!!!) I almost was going to have to commute (1.5hrs) away~which I would have done to keep my job but I am happy that was kiboshed!! Thanks for all your prayers..they worked!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stuswf
by Gold sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope & pray that things will work out....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM

That sucks! I'm very sorry! I'll be sending postive thoughts that everything works out! 

redlady125
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM

IM PRAYING THAT U KEEP UR JOB BUT STILL LOOK INTO GOING TO SCHOOL ,GOOD LUCK

luvsherboyz
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww that really stinks! Maybe it will turn out OK. I'm hoping so. It's a terrible feeling to not know one way or the other. I agree with perhaps checking out going back to school. Good luck and you'll be in my thoughts. Update when you know, K?

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

praying 

catchup29
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Bright side....you will get unemployment. You can focus on you, you can take a mental vacation. I lost a job last year and thought my world would crash. I found it to be an over due rest. Good luck!
LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Actually I won't get unemployment because I am considered contract! Although they maybe nice enough to put "Laid Off" then I will get EI! I have had my contract renewed EVERY 6 months for 2.5yrs! Its crazy!!

Quoting catchup29:

Bright side....you will get unemployment. You can focus on you, you can take a mental vacation. I lost a job last year and thought my world would crash. I found it to be an over due rest. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Quoting LynTaylersMummy:

Oh no. I'm sorry. Companies are so sly!
daisybelle1960
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

praying 

LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
This company is very sly!!

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting LynTaylersMummy:

Oh no. I'm sorry. Companies are so sly!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)