Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Furious!! ****UPDATE****

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 558 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Things are slow at work and usually are for the summer months! I have been employed this time with them for 2.5yrs and for 7yrs before that!! I was just told that as of June 30th I may not have a job!! At least for the summer and possibly not in sept either! I am furious because just 2 weeks ago we were all told that our jobs were secure and we were all fine!! Now this..I don't know what to do!! I have NEVER in my life been unemployed!! I shall wait and see how things play out! Maybe its time for me to go back to school!! Please pray that I keep my job!!!

****UPDATE****

Well things have been all over the place this last week BUT things are good..I am staying where I am but a wee bit shorter hours (I will take it!!!) I almost was going to have to commute (1.5hrs) away~which I would have done to keep my job but I am happy that was kiboshed!! Thanks for all your prayers..they worked!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stuswf
by Gold sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope & pray that things will work out....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM

That sucks! I'm very sorry! I'll be sending postive thoughts that everything works out! 

redlady125
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM

IM PRAYING THAT U KEEP UR JOB BUT STILL LOOK INTO GOING TO SCHOOL ,GOOD LUCK

luvsherboyz
by Silver sister on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww that really stinks! Maybe it will turn out OK. I'm hoping so. It's a terrible feeling to not know one way or the other. I agree with perhaps checking out going back to school. Good luck and you'll be in my thoughts. Update when you know, K?

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

praying 

catchup29
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Bright side....you will get unemployment. You can focus on you, you can take a mental vacation. I lost a job last year and thought my world would crash. I found it to be an over due rest. Good luck!
LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Actually I won't get unemployment because I am considered contract! Although they maybe nice enough to put "Laid Off" then I will get EI! I have had my contract renewed EVERY 6 months for 2.5yrs! Its crazy!!

Quoting catchup29:

Bright side....you will get unemployment. You can focus on you, you can take a mental vacation. I lost a job last year and thought my world would crash. I found it to be an over due rest. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Quoting LynTaylersMummy:

Oh no. I'm sorry. Companies are so sly!
daisybelle1960
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

praying 

LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
This company is very sly!!

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting LynTaylersMummy:

Oh no. I'm sorry. Companies are so sly!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN