Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***BITING*** ****UPDATE****

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

IMG00456-20120615-1621.jpg

So Tayler comes home from day care tonight with 2 bite marks on him! The 1st was on the back of his arm and the other on his back!! I called his provider and she says "the kids take toys from her Grand daughter so she bites to retaliate!!! She is also a 3yr old!! I get it that Tayler shouldn't take her toys but her biting makes me mad!! A 3yr old is old enough to use her words and not bite am I right??? To make things worse his provider DIDN'T know that he was bit!! I asked T if he said anything or cried he said "NO I am a big boy I didn't cry!!" Any ideas on getting her to stop??

***UPDATE***

The child bit AGAIN..And her Mother decided to pull her!! SHE (as well as the rest of us) were concerned for all of our kids!! So no need to worry EVERY time I drop off Tayler!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

The bite on his back!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzi960
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

wow....ithink that provider better be more aware of whats going on around her ,and grab that little girls parents!!! i would freak  im sorry..

LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I did freak believe me!!

Quoting suzi960:

wow....ithink that provider better be more aware of whats going on around her ,and grab that little girls parents!!! i would freak  im sorry..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Oh my goodness if he has bite marks like that she bit hard and this is NOT acceptable when taking care of children. This means she didnt get it cleaned up after it happen. Is this a private individual who watches your son? Does she not go by state rules? If this is a day care then it is law they give a report to you and the childs parents and the child who was biting will go in time out for three minutes ( 1 minute per each year) and the parents would have to break the child of biting..

I am sorry that looks painful for a little one... Hugs

keljo05
by Kelly on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

i know you work there as well but if you can I'd start looking for something different. They dont seem to treat you two well at all.

the real issue with the biting is that the 'grandmother' should not be calling it retaliation.. she should be working to stop the issue. And if that many kids are taking her toys that she is retaliating.. then there is more to the story 

LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Tayler isn't at the centre with me anymore he is at a home care!! A friend of mine has him now! So it actually is her Grand daughter doing the biting!!

Quoting keljo05:

i know you work there as well but if you can I'd start looking for something different. They dont seem to treat you two well at all.

the real issue with the biting is that the 'grandmother' should not be calling it retaliation.. she should be working to stop the issue. And if that many kids are taking her toys that she is retaliating.. then there is more to the story 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hau_siyoka
(¯`v.´¸.´¸. (¯`v* ¸.´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.´¸.*¨) ¸.´¸.*¨) (¯`v(¸.´ Come join 40ish and beyond's ,)v´¯) (¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•´Siggy Emporium•´ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.• (¯`v(* http://www.cafemom.com/group/120085 *) v´¯) (¯`v ♥¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•♥ *¨)
Today at 2:23 PM
by Doll Baby on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM

The provider needs to pay better attention to the children around her....relative or not the child should get a time out for what they have done....

keljo05
by Kelly on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I'm not sure if thats better or worse in this case. regardless though the grandmother needs to face reallity and teach her granddaughter to not  bite. I wish I had better advice (((hugs)))

Quoting LynTaylersMummy:

Tayler isn't at the centre with me anymore he is at a home care!! A friend of mine has him now! So it actually is her Grand daughter doing the biting!!

Quoting keljo05:

VTHaven
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

As you well know this is complicated. I dare say that there isn't enough supervision of the children. Those are nasty bite marks and regardless if you son cried or not shouldn't mean that there wasn't an issue. This person should have known and reported it to you...you should NEVER have to happen upon such. Given that this is her granddaughter I would bet there wouldn't be anything done..so with that...I'd be looking for another person to care for your son.

If this isn't something you want to take on...then I would ask specifically how she plans to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I would also ask that she call you the next time when it happens and if she doesn't then you will have to find someplace else for your son to ensure his safety.

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Wow that looks nasty and painful! Grandma definitely needs to keep a better eye on her especially since she KNOWS that she does this! 3 is old enough to know that biting is a big NO NO! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)