Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are you content with your life?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 47 Replies
  • 750 Total Views

I get off at 4 and it seems like all there is to do is cook supper, laundry, and tv until the next morning then do it all over. I dread going home from work because there's nothing to do but chores and nothing going on to talk about with my husband, and the teens don't even try to talk! What do you all do on a typical weeknight evening if you don't have young kids?

I know all the hobby choices, I've invested in enough paraphrenalia piled in my closet for hobbies that I could have a great sale! How do you find contentment in the pace of everyday life? How do teenagers enjoy laying in their rooms in the summer and just eating and breathing! How do the jobless people in my neighborhood just sit on the front porch and smoke and watch people drive by for hours?  Arrrggghh... I guess this turned into a vent!!

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firelites
by Anne on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I am pretty content

puzzled216
by Awesome mom of 40ish on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

yep.  I usually do the same thing every day. Usually watch Doctor oz and my  Yankees. Also i work at home doing child  daycare so the cleaning seems never ending.  The only way I really talk to my daughter if we go walking.sometimes the whole family will go walking .

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

ugh right now my life is so upside down I'd LOVE to have a day or week like yours right now...

zboys
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I can relate since I have teens at home this summer.  Sometimes I think, is this all there is?

allforedwards
by Bronze sister on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I'm looking for a job so I can get away from here. I'm always so stressed here. I don't know how much longer I can live like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Right now I am pretty content with my life.  It seems like there are not enough hours in the day.  I would love to retire and only have to work part time instead of full time.

daisybelle1960
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I find myself to be an oddball. I don't work outside the home and my kids are grown and out of the house. I enjoy staying home and doing my ordinary chores. We live in a lovely rural area, and it's just so peaceful here. I do get out on the weekend with my dh, but for the most part, I'm happy to just be home!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Nope!

BL2010
by Just Me on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM

HA! I'm been and have been stuck in this same kind of rut. I can't figure out how to get the hell out of it.

mustbeGRACE
by Bronze sister on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Having kind of a crappy day.

My husbands really getting on my nerves.

We have one business and are starting another soon. It's a wonder all business people aren't divorced.

Not rich, wish I was.

The creative genius required to tell your bookkeeper lady what  name to incorporate the business under cannot be understimated. Exhausting, too. Poor guy.....................

I'm a witch, huh  (  :

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)