Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hmmm Ego Took a Knock

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 1007 Total Views

Ok ladies I was corresponding with this gentleman online. Of course, on the dating site, I posted my best pics with makeup etc. Well almost immediately after I gave him a pic of me without makeup he decided he was not going to be on the site right now, had too many family problems. I will post the pic .... give me your honest opinions is it too bad. Mind you I am 50 and this guy was 62. He seemed the only guy that was normal so far that I had talked to. I just wanted to show him what I looked like without all the goo....I am so new to this trying to date again. Then again maybe I am too paranoid and he really did have too many family problems but they sure developed quickly after our phone call before I sent him this photo.

Thought I would update and add an after pic...truly I do not wear much make up...just fix my hair a little tinted moisturizer light eyeshadow blush and mascara...not a whole lot different.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjs702006
by Buddah on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you are very pretty. I really like a more natural look on women then all gooped up with make up.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting cjs702006:

I think you are very pretty. I really like a more natural look on women then all gooped up with make up.

I think it was the way he went about it. My self esteem has not been the best since my husband passed away. I joined the dating site as a dare from work. I really did not connect with anyone and when we started talking he was so easy to talk to and seemed normal. Oh well. I was not in love with him and had reservations about the age difference. I do miss our correspondence since he was bright and funny. I prefer not to cover myself in makeup and raarely wear it so was trying to be hnest when I showed him the scrubbed look...lol. I think for being a half century old that I am holding up pretty well.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I think you look great and no matter what the reason for his backing off, it's still his loss.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

The picture is fine mama. I hope he really is just busy and not a goon.

Best wishes to you.

roses9210
by Sister on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

no kidding, rosebud727, I hope he's not a goon also-He is missing out on a lovely lady-you go natural, mama!

mommy_froggie
by Lisa on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You are beautiful! And girl, you dont look 50!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deesam
by Twins on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Your one beautiful person he is the jerk.
Your someone  is out there.

hugs

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You look great. My mom had a lot of issues with those dating sites, she even had a "wife" track her down and show up at her work, over a man that had written my mom once! Becareful out there... 

Good luck.

gsprofval
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

What are you thinking by posting a "real" picture of yourself? LOL  You look great even without makeup. The guy is a loser. Be glad he doesn't have time to meet you; he is probably short and ugly!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You look beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)