Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question if you are a puppy doc...or just know what to do...

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 193 Total Views

My puppy Pickles got into it w/my mom's cat (mean azz thing) and the cat got her right above/next to her eye....not in it thankfully. 

My question is that it bled pretty bad for a bit but has since slowed down.  I cleaned it with a little soap & water but was wondering if I need to wipe it with alcohol or peroxide?  Put anything on it like neosporin or just leave it be now.  She was a bit upset but now is just playing with her "buddy" (a large stuffed critter) and chewie...

ty for any info..

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
You could put a little peroxide on it... Then apply neosporin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I would personally not put anything on it (since it's so close to the eye.) If you notice it is looking icky then perhaps you need to so something. Just wipe it down with warm water to keep it clean and let it go.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I would be careful putting anything on it since its by the eye, Awe.. poor baby. I would probably try some neosporin though if I thought I could do it without it dripping..

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting maryg38:

You could put a little peroxide on it... Then apply neosporin

Don't pour it on since it is close to the eye but take a cotton ball and dab it on.. then I would dab on some neosporin..

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

ty ladies ... I'm spoiling the crap outta her right now, I feel so bad for her...I gave her some funyuns and she devoured them...now we'll go clean her eye up w/some peroxide w/a cotton ball...she's gonna get mad at me LOL...

looneymom424
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I would put antibotic cream on it so it doesnt get infected

looneymom424
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Oh and I usually give them a shot of pencillin my killer got a cut on his foot and it cost me 150 because he got a blood infection from it.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Welcome... We do love our fur babies

Quoting starlight1968:

ty ladies ... I'm spoiling the crap outta her right now, I feel so bad for her...I gave her some funyuns and she devoured them...now we'll go clean her eye up w/some peroxide w/a cotton ball...she's gonna get mad at me LOL...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Cat bites are nasty. There is so much bateria on their teeth that is most likely going to get an infection. If it looks any worse you will need to take her to the Vet. They will need to put a drain in and put the dog on antibotics .  It really is not something that you can clean yourself.  You don't want him to get any sicker.

Good luck

manilowgal
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
you've gotten some great advise so I'll just say Take care of that baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)