Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I have a question,

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

I am not a mother of children (tried to raise a couple of husbands that refused to grow up) I have pets, more than I need  but will not turn away any kind that is set to be put to death because owners don't want them, I live a ways in the woods and have given homes to those who stop by to get a bite to eat or a warm place to sleep...does that make me a Step-mother?  I know what your site is for so if I don't qualify to be a member I understand...Judy

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM

hello and welcome... so tell me are you a stepmom???not that you dont qualify as a member, but just curious why join a site where its mainly for moms,weather biological or step parenting... know what i mean  is it just for friendship??

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM

When you say step mom are you referring to your husband children or people/animals that are in need of a home?? If your Hub has children then yes you are a step mom..

calico1954
by Sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

well, as far as your pets go, i would consider them your fur babies, hence you are their mother.  i consider my pets my babies.  it is not the same as my child, but they are still my babies and a part of my family.  is that what you are asking?

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Animals are cool, and they need someone that loves them and helps them out its good what you do.. however animals are a bit different the raising a child / children.. although it doesn't make you bad or anything if you don't have kids.. on this site there's talk about kids/grands but its not the main focus.. that's what I like about it a bit if a break about hearing about how bad the kids are being and so on... Here we talk more about other life topics take sometime to talk about ourselves and share those types if things...
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Welcome to the 40ish and Beyond family Sister.....You are in the Beyond group because you go BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY...and true mother quality that some women do not share...There are all kinds of Moms and I wouldn't call you a step mom because YOU didn't step on your doorstep!!! Someone else did and that MOM came out without asking anything ...just simple giving as we do....to make sure you are ok to continue your journey....If mother's wore tiara's I'd give you a pretty one!!!! Welcome to our family

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, you want a couple of mine :D *lol*

Kidding, welcome! This place always feels like home to me.

manilowgal
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Welcome! I don't have biological kids either. My husbands children were grown when we married. I have 3 nieces that I feel are my own. And I have my furbabies. All that to say there are all kinds of mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redlady125
by Silver sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group all is welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

While being  a mom serves as a springboard for bringing some women together, I don't think it ends up being the glue that holds people together as much as conversation and cameraderie of simply being a woman does.  Motherhood is certainly a larger portion of my identity right now, as my kids are growing, but it's not my whole identity. A big welcome from here!welcome

PacificNW1994
by Sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to The Group--Seems to me that you care for and nuture furbabies, so that would make you a Mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN