Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Need Some Idea's

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 240 Total Views
For a 1st birthday..Mum doesn't want "presents" she wants something from this year for a time capsule for him to open at 18!!! What should I get him???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
A magazine
A jacket
A newspaper clipping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LynTaylersMummy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Magazine..good idea!!

Quoting maryg38:

A magazine

A jacket

A newspaper clipping

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

How about a news paper! It will have all types of things that were going on on this day. 

Maybe a picture of a gas station with the prices listed. (I'm almost afraid to know what gas prices will be in 17 years)LOL

I'll think somemore about this and come back.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Could you not go to your local newspaper and get a paper for the day the child was born and one a year later and give both to her??

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting brighteyes112:

How about a news paper! It will have all types of things that were going on on this day. 

Maybe a picture of a gas station with the prices listed. (I'm almost afraid to know what gas prices will be in 17 years)LOL

I'll think somemore about this and come back.

Pictures of the town the child was born in.. Gas prices, food prices, car prices ETC... great idea!!

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

FlyingMommy747
by Bronze sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:16 PM

How about a collage of newspaper/magazine clippings with everything from current events, movies, music, fashion for the year.

You could also do some type of milestone chart of growth, sitting, standing, talking, walking, etc...

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

What a neat idea! Wish I would have thought of that. How about a coin minted this year? Stamps put out this year? A comic book put out this year? A rookie card from a football player?

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Pics maybe
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
The year my dd was born DH bought a princess Di stamp...just for her.

Quoting RubyQ:

What a neat idea! Wish I would have thought of that. How about a coin minted this year? Stamps put out this year? A comic book put out this year? A rookie card from a football player?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

what about hot wheels as well from this year, he is a boy.  find some toys that were hot this year as well, avengers, spiderman, men in black, oh what about a movie that was hot this year, that would be cool, see how the grafics have changed over the years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)