Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, in case of a natural catastrophe like an earthquake, etc., are you and your family prepared? Do you have food and supplies for at least 3 days or more?

We have some supplies but need to replenish food and water. Don't forget food and water for your pets and medication for whoever takes it.

You just never know if or when you might have to evacuate your residence and prepare for several days with no outside help. Resources will be overwhelmed.

How about you? Are you prepared for an emergency and what have you done to prepare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Replies (21-26):
MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I need some bottled water and some extra catfood but other than that we are rather prepared. We live in Florida and have hurricanes..

mommy_froggie
by Lisa on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Nope. Honestly I nevver thought about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Sister on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

We have enough food and water to last for at least a week. My DIL buys a lot at a time

MomofBoys838
by Bronze sister on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Thank you for the reminder about the medications, Dana.  I'm getting prepared right now, and need a better medicine carry-all, since dh has so many meds now.

Quoting dana63:

We are and we have all of hubs medications in a place where we can grab them if need be.. I have food and water and pet food as well..

ladybugMarie

firelites
by Anne on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM

we have earthquakes(little shakesms), tornadoes, if it floods here we know Tulsa is jacked, we are kind of up hill between two dams, the biggest worry would be fire and yes we have a place to go for evacuation

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Sorta. The pets would be fine. Lol. We have a lot of bottled water, but I need to really make a survival type kit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)