Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
After all the times I got out of jury duty because I was about to give birth.
I now after 15 years have been summoned once again, I have to call in Sunday night to see if my group number is needed.
Any suggestions since I evaded my last 4 thanks to my babies..lol
I wanna make sure they dont pick me, but I dont want to sound like a unstable nut job in the process either.

So....yup, of course I got picked as a juror. Yesterday was rough, sitting for hours. I am always on the move and sitting had me exhausted. Today we wrapped up and found the defendant guilty.
I cant wait to return to work tomorrow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-18):
manilowgal
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
After being picked I went & spoke to the judge. Told him I didn't speak up in the jury pool because I didn't want to influence the other potential jurors but ...the dr that was going to testify was a quack! I was immediately dismissed! (sad but true, dr was a quack)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

ugh, still waiting, why can't they just pick me???? 

Quoting starlight1968:

My dh had been called several times and finally I did...first time I couldn't and ours states if your child is under 12 we don't have to and at the time I claimed that since I was the only way home for dd at the time... Second time I went (during summer) and was excited..got picked and went to the courtroom...they walked the guy passed us all and when he saw us he pleaded so we were sent home..bummer lol...haven't been called again tho.

Quoting LFosterfarm:

am I the only person on the planet that hasn't been called for jury duty and actually wants to?????

I have no idea how to get out of it either.

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

ive never served but i guess if you act as if you hate everything and everybody...

for instance be against the death penalty, against blacks, whites, jews ...lol...if they ask a question be against it...just come across like a biased azzzzhole and they'll dismiss ya

wodntulk2kno1
by Sister on Jul. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Lol...thats what I am trying to avoid ...but ....lol

Quoting shadenn766:

ive never served but i guess if you act as if you hate everything and everybody...

for instance be against the death penalty, against blacks, whites, jews ...lol...if they ask a question be against it...just come across like a biased azzzzhole and they'll dismiss ya

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jul. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I always have a medical letter saying  I can't because I am prone to seizures brought on by stress.

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jul. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

No clue..I havent been called since I was very pregnant with my 4th..

Dontchawishuknu
by Support Sister Team on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Wave and/or wink at both attorneys and the judge on your way in the door....LOL...I'm J/K!!! 

caro100
by Bronze sister on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:43 AM

it's your duty.  You should go, I mean really you should go.  if its a criminal trial say yes, you believe in the death penalty, hang em high.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN