Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

I just turned 41 this past march...I just started the P90X one week ago today. I honestly did not think i could do it but i have really surprised myself and am already becoming addicted to how good and accomplished i feel. I have never stuck to something long enough to complete it but really want to give that gift to myself.  What are you doing to get healthy or to maintain your health?  Maybe what you are doing will help me too.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krilerby
by Bronze sister on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Awesome job! WTG sister!

I have so many workouts I never do them tho. :(  

suzi960
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

thats great momma  way to go.. justeating healthier trying to get my cholesterol down without meds.....drinking lots of water....

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I started by using a salad plate (smaller than dinnerware) and learned to portion whatever the days meals are and enjoy it....Take more time to chew and enjoy the flavors of your food...fill your dinner plate with salad and other 'good things' to eat!

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I started turbo jam last year and I really like it lost about 20 pounds n have kept it off.. before that I did Tia bu for about ten years n walking before that by my body needs more of a challenge so for now I am sticking with the turbo jam n will see about what else when I just don't care about that one anymore...:) but I am so happy that you found something you love:)
lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Just eating more healthy..I did try some exercising I was sore for 4 days after...And Windsor Pilates makes me sick...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Thats great! I watch what I eat and I drink no soda and drink a ton of water..

puzzled216
by Awesome mom of 40ish on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I fell off the wagon .Trying to get back on. hard to do in the summer.

javamom12
by Bronze sister on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I walk on the treadmill, keep track of my calories and drink water before I eat.

redlady125
by Silver sister on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

WAY TO GO MY SISTER ,I TRY TO EAT THE RIGHT FOODS AND I DRINK A LOT OF WATER.I WALK TO DIFFERENT PLACES IN STEAD OF TAKING A CAB OR THE BUS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN