Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How did you Meet your hubby or S/O...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 60 Replies
  • 724 Total Views

I met my now hubby at a picnic, I told my friend thats a cutie over there and low and behold she told him and its been he and I ever since.  I always deny that I hit on him first and most of the times when he gets on my nerves I ask myself Why? lol, 

Fantastic Day Ladies...

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Del672
by Silver sister on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Met mine when he was helping my brother move.  It was also my birthday. :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM

As a matter of fact it was 26 years ago today when I walked into a club with a friend and he walked in behind me. He came over to my table asked me to dance and the rest is history...

umm.yeah
by Sister on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I met DH when we were in HS.  We started "going together" when I was 15 and have been together ever since.  We survived separation when I was in college and he was in the Army stationed in Germany.  He propsed the night before my College graduation. 

PinkButterfly66
by Sister on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I met mine at a federal government job fair.  I ended up working for him for a bit (he was a team leader) but then he got transferred and promoted to branch chief.  We started just chatting at work and realized we enjoyed each other's company so we went out to lunch together and after work.  I liked him and thought it was just that until a co-worker told me he was totally crushing on me.  I then realized I was too.  We've been together for 19 yrs and married 17 yrs this October and our daughter will be 15 in November.  Yeah, mine gets on my nerves too!!  

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
wow,cool,thats a long time...

Quoting umm.yeah:

I met DH when we were in HS.  We started "going together" when I was 15 and have been together ever since.  We survived separation when I was in college and he was in the Army stationed in Germany.  He propsed the night before my College graduation. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Awesome..:-)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I met mine at a federal government job fair.  I ended up working for him for a bit (he was a team leader) but then he got transferred and promoted to branch chief.  We started just chatting at work and realized we enjoyed each other's company so we went out to lunch together and after work.  I liked him and thought it was just that until a co-worker told me he was totally crushing on me.  I then realized I was too.  We've been together for 19 yrs and married 17 yrs this October and our daughter will be 15 in November.  Yeah, mine gets on my nerves too!!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catsdogs41
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I remember meeting my husband at work.  I remember him being a very nice and reserved person.  After my divorce, we talked more and became friends.  Six month after that, we were dating.  We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my dh via a dare.  A bunch of co-workers and I all dared each other to put a personal ad in a local free magazine.  3 of us got dates from it and I am the only one that got a spouse lol...

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I was working fuel desk at a Truck stop and he saw me on the very 1st day 14 yrs ago this month. I didn't notice hom for a while though he kept coming in.He said I touched his hand when I handed him his change & he was hooked then.

BrenMOM
by Bronze sister on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We were set up by a mutual friend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)