Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
The new Batman movie was showing last night. A 24 year old boy/man walked in dropped a tear gas and opened fire on the theater.
He killed 14,wounding 50.the youngest being 6
The suspect is in custody.

My thoughts and prayers are with those families.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
keljo05
by Kelly on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM
My mom told me about this when I stopped to see her briefly this morning.... I still can't believe it... Has he given any reason why he thought this was a good idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaSapphire
by Silver sister on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

group hugHugs n prayers go out to the families and the town dealin with this.

Sandy0904
by Bronze sister on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM

My son and son-in-law went to see Batman last night, but in Massachusetts.  It is something that could have happened anywhere.  My thoughts and prayers are with those families. 

2lynnc
by New sister on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Another sad tragedy in CO. Our thoughts and prayers to all the victims, families and Aurora Community.

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Very sad, that somebody can do something so senseless!

andremaleamy2
by Sister on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM

such a tragedy..I live 45min from Va tech and anytime something like this happens..it brings it all back..

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

It is so horrific; we live about a mile away. My kids and I have been in that theate so many times...it could have been us. I am trying to help the boys process it all; but there is really no explanation. No answer to why...

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

It is so horrific; we live about a mile away. My kids and I have been in that theate so many times...it could have been us. I am trying to help the boys process it all; but there is really no explanation. No answer to why...

So glad you and the boys are safe!!!! Hugs

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM

It breaks my heart when I read and hear reports of people judging others for letting their teens go to the midnight premier or taking their little ones to a midnight movie. In their minds, they were doing something out of the ordinary, making a memory. They had absolutely NO idea that it would turn into a nightmare! It's becoming an increasingly more scary world, but we only have two choices: take a chance and live or hole up and protect our children from harm's way - but in doing so, keep them from living life. This was a horrible tragedy, but oh how I pray that it's an isolated, unforseeable incident and not something that dictates the way we must live our lives from here on out. Prayers for the family of all who were there, the victims, the survivors, those who helplessly witnessed the callous brutality, the loved ones who were left behind. I have no answers - just prayers.

VTHaven
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 6:27 AM

I'm still stunned at this news. So sad....many prayers to the families of the victims.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN