Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I was talking to my mom a few days ago about this and she and I were on the same page and thought I would ask you all..

If a family member (other than your siblings or parents) needed a transplant would you go get tested?

Here is the story; my second cousin is diabetic and they found a tumor on his kidney and had to remove it. I told my mom that if it came down to it and he needed a kidney I would go and be tested.. I know he has brothers and closer relatives but I felt it was the right thing to do.. My mom agreed and said if hers wasn't so bad she would do the same thing..

I know most of you didn't know one of our sisters that passed away last year but Connie's SIL was in a fire and I offered to be tested to give her skin grafts when they were looking for donors (Gladys passed away from her injuries).

Would you be tested if the situations came up?

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (51-60):
letstalk747
by Joyful on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

for sure i would

lynked
by sister of the year on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Absolutely, without a doubt.

Tikismom
by sister of the year on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Yes,I would.

caro100
by Bronze sister on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmom523
by Kaye on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I have donated blood and will do so again....but surgery and hospitals... oh my! I hope I never have to consider it for a family member or friend, I don't do so well in hospitals (big phobia). But if it ever came down to it I hope and prayer that I would have the courage to be tested and help out, but honestly with my fear of hospitals I really don't know if I would. Doesn't feel to good to put myself on the scaredy cat side of things :( sorry people.

huskerkitty
by Sister on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazzdoll
by Sister on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

yes.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM

No question a definite YES!

LLICE
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM
If they'd take anything I would. I'm a 2x breast cancer survivor & have required transfusions & a marrow transplant. My niece died of complications with her transplant (Graft vs. Host disease) after a 3 year battle with Leukemia. I'm more than willing to donate but can't due to medical history. It makes me sad, there is such a tremendous need of blood, etc. out there!
karen704
by Bronze sister on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)