Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I NEED SOME FRIENDS IN MY SAME AGE GROUP WITH SOME OF MY SAME ISSUES ONCE YOU GET INTO YOUR 40's .......... FROM SURFSIDE BEACH, SOUT CAROLINA

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 39 Replies
  • 717 Total Views

banging head into wall Hello Everyone!

My name is Niecey and I live in Surfside Beach, South Carolina.  I am originally from Buffalo, New York.  I relocated down here in June of 2009.  I guess my real reason for joining this group is because I don't have any friends at all in this town that I relocated to and honestly???  I didn't really have any friends back home either.  Without us knowing it as we get older it seems that our friends, the few that we may have once had just drift away as we get older and as life changes.  I find that I am in this boat all alone and I have no one who really understands me and my struggles and what I go through sometimes.  I have tried to associate with younger women like 20's and 30's but we clash because they are all into tattoo's and body piercings and acting wild and I am simply more laid back and not into all the wild stuff anymore.  So they catch and attitude and get defensive what because I don't do the things that they do?  I don't have time for that.  I am 46 years old, I have 3 school aged children 12, 8, and 7, and another 5 who are older and living in New York State (Buffalo) where I relocated from.  I am married but the marriage has issues, and now that I am older I am having sexual issues, lower libidio, and just no interest at all in men.  I am crankier, and just want to be left alone.  I am unhappy and just need a senseible friend who may be going through the same things or maybe has, or is just maybe a good listener and a good friend.  I wish that I could find a local friend as well as converstation on line here because I would like a work out buddie and someone to do things with, go shopping, just get together with ya know?  I am very sad right now and I would feel so much better if I could find some friends.  I know that this may sound desperate but I am really in need of friends.  I can't believe that I am this old and feeling so isolated and alone.  Some days I just sit there and wonder how in a world as big as it is how I could be sitting here alone and having no other mom to talk to and hang out with.  I have tried churches and schools, and play date groups.  Are you kidding me?  These women act like your invading their circle and aren't very welcoming.  So I am hoping that I land a new friend or two and can get in on some good discussions.  I have alot to talk about that's for sure.  And here I am  

~HIPPIE NIECEY~

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelica46
by Lil Princess on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey girl,

First, welcome to the group! There are lots of friendly mamas here that would love to be your friend. You will love this group! 

No need to feel alone. We can be in a very crowded room and still feel alone. I am sure you will connect with someone on here soon. Having a special friend somehow does make life easier. 

Hugs! 

Lydia

mustbeGRACE
by Bronze sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello!!!!!!!!

We're so glad that you're here!

Gosh, so many of the things you are writing  about are common to women our age, I think.

I think wisdom makes us a little discerning about how we spend our time and who we want to spend it with. I think that's so natural for our set. It begins to be a time of reflecting on our lives so far and for deciding how we want our lives to progress.

I am so glad you're here and look forward to getting to know you!

cuteoverload
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Hi and welcome

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome Welcome to the best group on CM!!  We like to have fun, share, give a shoulder to cry on and so much more here.  Sometimes we have virtual parties and can get a little crazy but we do NOT do drama.... Momma Dana keeps an eye on the group and makes sure it remains so.

Hop on in to the forums and join in on the posts!! 

See Y'all in the Posts!

paulajean65
by Bronze sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Niecey!

I hope that you will become a regular here.. .. I know I have really come to love this group.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so isolated and alone. And to an extent, I know that feeling. Maybe we can all pull together and get us all out of this rut!!

GE1
by Bronze sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Niecey,

Nice to meet you. I am Helen, 45 years old and living in Toronto. I hear ya because my baby is almost 7 months old and all the new moms here are so young. I have one good friend here in Toronto who gave birth 2 months before me but I feel like we sort of drifted apart being that our ways of parenting are so different. She is just about to turn 40 herself. Most of my friends are back in Montreal where I am from originally.

You will surely make friends here who can surely relate to what you are going through. We know how to be serious but we also know how to have a good time.

manilowgal
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Hello Niecey, welcome to our group. Who knows you may connect with someone here that lives close. Kick back & have some fun! I'm Marty btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Welcome! I am so glad you found us and know you will fit right in.. My online sisters are my besties and I am blessed to have everyone of them... Again welcome!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hey Neicey, welcome to 40ish, glad to have you aboard!

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM

hi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN