Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

from my bedroom balcony I can hear the kids playing at the school.  During the school year I hear the sounds of recess and during the summer I hear the cheers from the soccer tournaments.  

We back up to a canyon and there is a whole neighborhood on the other side of the canyone between us and the school.... Im not sure why I can hear it so far away... but I love it!

What can you hear around your home that you love?

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-19):
smile357
by Linda on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

You can probably hear them from the echoing. 

As for sounds I like, music except for bad rap, birds in the morning, believe it or not sometimes silence is golden. Just clean outside noise.

pampire
by Sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Late at night I can hear the trains from the steel yard.  I love listening to storms while I'm laying in bed too.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I love the sound of a train in the distance.

Quoting pampire:

Late at night I can hear the trains from the steel yard.  I love listening to storms while I'm laying in bed too.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
That's neat.. I wouldn't mind it either!!
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
We can hear the high school football/soccer stadium. They have a train horn over the PA when they score...we live a mile away and can hear it when it blows!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee205
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

We have some wild birds around here that, I think, are related to myna birds.  I LOVE the sounds that they make.  I also love to hear my 2 year old giggle and my 8 month old babble.  I also like the sounds of pool pumps on a quiet, warm day.  Agree with a previous post, the sound of the coffee maker when I'm just waking up.  All nice....

Got to throw in a couple things I don't like to hear... the cicada's.  I never realize how loud they are till they stop humming and my ears continue to ring.  Also, don't like to hear cars driving through the neighborhood with loud, thumping rap music.

wallmom1
by Sister on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

the boats leaving the marina. my girls singing. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I hear traffic because we live on a busy street. I like to be outside, but have a neighbor who spends all day outside when it's nice, and she has a voice that sounds like nails on a chalk board. When we camp, I love hearing the kids play or other campers laughing and having a nice time. I also love to hear the osprey.

IhaveHisjoy
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM

The sound of my front door opening. I know its either dh home or one of my kids coming to visit with the grand kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN