Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What do you ladies think?? About the waste on government cell phones

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 538 Total Views
1 mom liked this

This is another look at our out of control Government in action! 

Check your Cell phone bill at the bottom........... You're gonna need some blood pressure pills after watching this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjAjAvxDkfk&feature=share

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I do a pay as you go Tracphone so no extras on mine

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM

That is great.. I went back and looked at my bill and I am paying 23.87 per month for universal charges...

Quoting starlight1968:

I do a pay as you go Tracphone so no extras on mine

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That woman had 30 phones and they are all turned on!!! I will be calling my phone company and raising hell because I will NOT fund a person to have 30 free phones and I pay a monthly bill. Don't get me wrong I understand if a single woman who is out trying to support her kids and she needs one for what it is used for EMERGENCY ONLY! but they said drug dealers are getting these phones..I need to calm my blood pressure now...

ebmb03
by Sister on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:30 PM

i will be calling my cell company.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

The State is the one who is doing this NOT the cell phone provider. It is a Federal fee that each states takes out and yes for free phones for those who request them. I loked at my bill and I am paying about $10 a month. I told AT&T I should just walk up to a drug dealer and hand them the $10 and tell them to go ahead and give drugs to our children and see another one get addicted or killed. This boils my blood right now!!!

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I called mine and after a few minutes of the run around they finaly told me the exact use of the universal fee.. I was beyond angry.. And the guy on the other end of the phone got pretty upset also.. Yes on the drug dealers and there was also a comment that these people are selling the phones for money...

Quoting dana63:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That woman had 30 phones and they are all turned on!!! I will be calling my phone company and raising hell because I will NOT fund a person to have 30 free phones and I pay a monthly bill. Don't get me wrong I understand if a single woman who is out trying to support her kids and she needs one for what it is used for EMERGENCY ONLY! but they said drug dealers are getting these phones..I need to calm my blood pressure now...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Quoting ebmb03:

i will be calling my cell company.

I already did and nothing they can do its the State not them its a manatory fee.

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting pamelax3:

I called mine and after a few minutes of the run around they finaly told me the exact use of the universal fee.. I was beyond angry.. And the guy on the other end of the phone got pretty upset also.. Yes on the drug dealers and there was also a comment that these people are selling the phones for money...

Quoting dana63:

I called mine as well and the guy said that there is nothing AT&T can do about it because it is manatory. I said this report is out and what happens when pre paid services goes up in sales and their sales goes down and he said most people will not let their phones go over these charges. WTH REALLY?????

And yes these people will collect these phones and sell them and make money and guess what these phone wont get turned off because it is given by the Gov't and they get X amount of free minutes a month!!!!

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Quoting dana63:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting dana63:

I called mine as well and the guy said that there is nothing AT&T can do about it because it is manatory. I said this report is out and what happens when pre paid services goes up in sales and their sales goes down and he said most people will not let their phones go over these charges. WTH REALLY?????

And yes these people will collect these phones and sell them and make money and guess what these phone wont get turned off because it is given by the Gov't and they get X amount of free minutes a month!!!!

That is what AT&T also told me.. This is crazy. The money they are wasting can go to some well need programs! I understand that people need to be able to contact emergency personal, but this is overboard. This program needs to be investigated and strict guidelines need to go in! I will be contacting my state representative..

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM

check this out

i've seen reports on the news, where people are getting multiple phones... including drug addicts and drug dealers...some people sell them...

INVESTIGATION: Abuse of cell phone program designed

Thousands abuse free cellphone program, newspaper reports | The ...

Drug Dealers and addicts get free cell phones YOU pay for ...

Quoting dana63:

The State is the one who is doing this NOT the cell phone provider. It is a Federal fee that each states takes out and yes for free phones for those who request them. I loked at my bill and I am paying about $10 a month. I told AT&T I should just walk up to a drug dealer and hand them the $10 and tell them to go ahead and give drugs to our children and see another one get addicted or killed. This boils my blood right now!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)