Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Slumber Party Ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 283 Total Views

I'm having a slumber party for DD Saturday night to celebrate her 9th b-day. So far these are her requests: spa treatments/makeovers (her big sis is going to help do hair and nails), pizza and movies. She also said emphatically NO Crafts. It's going to be hot this weekend, so I might build a fire in the fire pit and let them roast marshmallows and make smores. Any other suggestions for snacks and activities besides the usual birthday fare? It's DD and 2 school friends.

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KelliStars
by Sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Some of the things my cousins do with their girls (I only have boys) - is:

Since there is only 3 - let them decorate their own mini cakes (larger than a cupcake - smaller than a cake) - have various icings and toppings out - let them go to town.

Trade off DJing the music. Have them bring their own cd's. You really have to time this - make sure each girl gets XX amount of minutes before trading off.

GET A FRISBEE - 3 can play - and no one feels left out.

brighteyes112
by Sweet Thang on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have girls so I don't think I'd be much help unless their into lazer tag and paintball. LOL 

cuteoverload
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Pillowcase Decorating

Let creativity shine by having the girls decorate plain pillowcases with a variety of designs and embellishments.

• Pillowcases, pillowcase.net
  • Transfermations glitter iron-on letters,
  • Sharpie permanent markers and retractable markers

Flashlight Decorating

Flashlights give the slumber party a distinctly nocturnal feel, and they double as take-home favors when decorated with pretty beads.

• Flashlights,
  • Beads,

Journal Decorating
Send party guests home with customized diaries adorned with stickers and glitter, perfect for recounting favorite memories from the night before.

• White journals,
  • Glow-in-the-dark mini stars
  • Sharpie  and retractable markers
  • Double-sided adhesive sheet,

Martha Stewart Crafts Products

• Glitter glue
  • Pink felt alphabet stickers
  • Lavender gem stickers
  • Pink elegant scroll gemstones
  • Dimensional pearl stickers
  • Sheep punch
  • Birthday cake punch
  • Glow-in-the-dark glitter

Invitations

Create dazzling slumber party invitations like Darcy's with these simple materials.

• Stickers, Martha Stewart Crafts (see above)
  • Teddy bear punch, Martha Stewart Crafts
  • Stars and moons in glassine bag, Artistry in Motion
  • Sleeping bag envelopes, Pottery Barn Kids

Accessories and Favors

Choose some of the following whimsical products to give as adorable treats and party favors.

• "Fancy Nancy and the Late, Late, LATE Night" booSleepover Mad Libs,
  • "Goodnight Moon" book Prism balls,
  • Pink boas and light-up diamond rings,
  • Glow-in-the-dark star wands,
  • Favor boxes and custom stickers,
  • Alarm clocks,
  • Pails,
  • Jelly beans, chocolate-covered gummy bears, and strawberry circus sticks,
  • Teddy bears, Build-A-Bear
  • Lollipops
  • Amscan paper cups,
  • Horns,
  • Chocolate bear and star pops,
  • Cake,
luvsherboyz
by Silver sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Same here...

Quoting brighteyes112:

I don't have girls so I don't think I'd be much help unless their into lazer tag and paintball. LOL 

kiwipez
by Sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If the other mothers are ok with their daughters playing with makeup you could even do a dress up/glamour photo shoot and print pictures for them to take home, our put them on a cd for their parents to print if they want.  Boas and long white gloves are always fun to play with.

Flashlight tag/hide-and-go-seek.

suzi960
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

omg  that sounds like so much fun...water balloon games..

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Use disposable cupcake tins for individual dip & chip  serving trays. Each child can "double-dip" with no worries of cross- contamination, since they have their private serving tray to dip and carry the chips.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a really cute birthday cake with a slumber party theme! The 'sleepers' are made out of twinkies, their heads/faces are put on vanilla wafers and rest on huge marshmallow pillows. The blanket over the twinkies is made of icing and decorated  as a quilt with lines and teeny flowers/stars, etc.. Each girls' hair can be done in their color/style with icing. 

With only 3-4 girls, it shouldn't be too hard. I can't remember where I saw this idea, but i took it to the store and had them do it. I had eleven girls put on the cake, LOL! It came out awesome!  I'll see if I can get my DD to post the pic!

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

just fun games, music,movies and plenty of food/snacks...i wouldnt do make-up (i'm old fashioned,  just think they're too young)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)