Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Very proud of myself

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 167 Total Views

Well as of last Friday I am now registrard for a class at the local community college for the fall. I'm getting my feet wet with one. philosophy class. Right up my alley. I haven't been to school in about 20 years. I am so excited for it.

Then last night I ran my very first successful board of directors meeting. They elected me in as president last month as I've been serving for about 3 months under the last president. I will admit I've had no clue what I've been doing. Sad thing is it is for a nationally know organization. Well this week I did reading as to what I needed to know and do, made up the egenda had my co-board member (also good friend) print it out for me. They actually complemented me, which they never do. They said I had a lot on there and we covered everything and did it efficiently. I came home extremely happy.

We're also going to be voting someone off that I think has breached a few ethics violations. I don't like to gang up on people, but when I rode home with one of the members we were talking and she actually feels the same way and that this person isn't doing her job well. If I can do this well I'll be even happier.

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
manilowgal
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Congratulations! You are really stepping out there ...school, president of the board of directors! Wow! you have a lot to be proud of!!!

bowing down

Cheryl_M
by Bronze sister on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Congratulations!

It's really scary going back to school after so many years - I'm 40 and enrolled in college for the 1st time last June. So far I'm loving it! Good luck!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM

congrats and good luck

Angelica46
by Lil Princess on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Sounds awesome! Congrats!

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM

clappingway to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)