Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

is there anything you wish to do during your life that is contrary to your current situation?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 464 Total Views

do you have any dreams that seem unattainable or contrary to your current situation... but that would be perfectly manageable if you had made different choices?  (hence, dont say a famous rock star if you can not carry a tune)

What do you see as your main obstacle?

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Jen, I wanted to be a Dr and I am as you all know going to college to complete my dream. Nothing is an obstacle if you want it bad enough...

Cheryl_M
by Bronze sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly think I just found out what I'm "supposed to do", lol. I'm in a full-time accelerated bachelor's program, and currently taking Intro to Film. Holy crap, do I love this class!!! Everything about it just comes very naturally for me. I'm taking a double-major in English and PR/Marketing, so it seems like maybe some screenplay writing may be in my future...

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Trying to get my business going well.. so I can make my house payments, buy food,gas,and pay my utilities on time... At the current state if things and according to our government my bus, is not really mine n because of someone else built the roads out side my home those who are going to get the credit if my bus, does become successful!!! I would just like to be comfortable and be able to work and pay my own way for things.. hoping to take my whole fam, on a vacca, to my home town n country to meet my entire fam, one day hoping n praying for that:)
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

huh?  The validity of your business depends on who owns the roads in front of your home?  What kind of business?

Quoting sunflowers12:

Trying to get my business going well.. so I can make my house payments, buy food,gas,and pay my utilities on time... At the current state if things and according to our government my bus, is not really mine n because of someone else built the roads out side my home those who are going to get the credit if my bus, does become successful!!! I would just like to be comfortable and be able to work and pay my own way for things.. hoping to take my whole fam, on a vacca, to my home town n country to meet my entire fam, one day hoping n praying for that:)

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
No dear according to Mr, oboma he made statements that no one has made their own business that there created by him and others!!! Yes this why its an obstacle...
LFosterfarm
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I am still working my way to natropathic practitioner but I have let kids and life de rail me and have not displined myself like I should have!  Time to get back on task!!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Im sorry for not understanding you...  was that a political commentary on your part or is there an actual legal reason that you can not profit from your business because of who built the road out side your home.  And if the business profits the money will literally not get to your bank account?

Quoting sunflowers12:

No dear according to Mr, oboma he made statements that no one has made their own business that there created by him and others!!! Yes this why its an obstacle...

I must have missed what ever Obama comment you are referring to.

Ms.KitKat
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I have been blessed in this life and I have all that I could ask for. of course, I would love to have the time, money and "freedom" to travel more. But, if all goes well, there is time for that.

Ms.KitKat
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It was a comment made by Pres. Obama that was cut / edited to serve the politcial agenda of the right wing, conservative republicans (oops- that was redundant). They have a funny way of taking comments out of context and then cutting/editing. Apparently she fell for it. sheep.

Quoting sahlady:

Im sorry for not understanding you...  was that a political commentary on your part or is there an actual legal reason that you can not profit from your business because of who built the road out side your home.  And if the business profits the money will literally not get to your bank account?

Quoting sunflowers12:

I must have missed what ever Obama comment you are referring to.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok... I just googled it.  I read the WHOLE comment.  Seems like he made a valid point if you read the WHOLE comment.  I think I was looking for a more introspective answer than to blame others for things we are yet to accomplish.  Sounds to me, from what you have typed, that there is no one to blame... sounds like you are working VERY hard, being creative and striving for success... sounds to me, from what you have typed, you are on your way and will be successful.  I think you should give a positive spin on the whole thing.

Quoting sunflowers12:

If we have had a misunderstanding I apologize in advance... but I think someone else's words should not be considered an obstacle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)