Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

is there anything you wish to do during your life that is contrary to your current situation?

Posted by   + Show Post

do you have any dreams that seem unattainable or contrary to your current situation... but that would be perfectly manageable if you had made different choices?  (hence, dont say a famous rock star if you can not carry a tune)

What do you see as your main obstacle?

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I would say I wouldn't have married my husband... but then I wouldn't have my kiddos so that wouldn't work huh??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel Mom to Joey,
Aiden and Lydia "Irish Twins"

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I think if I had gone to college to be a teacher and not what I did do that certain things today would not be the way they are with my life.

mom2boys664
by Sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Seriously???? Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid.....

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It was a comment made by Pres. Obama that was cut / edited to serve the politcial agenda of the right wing, conservative republicans (oops- that was redundant). They have a funny way of taking comments out of context and then cutting/editing. Apparently she fell for it. sheep.

Quoting sahlady:

Im sorry for not understanding you...  was that a political commentary on your part or is there an actual legal reason that you can not profit from your business because of who built the road out side your home.  And if the business profits the money will literally not get to your bank account?

Quoting sunflowers12:

No dear according to Mr, oboma he made statements that no one has made their own business that there created by him and others!!! Yes this why its an obstacle...

I must have missed what ever Obama comment you are referring to.

bluebug210
by Silver sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
If the economy wasn't so scary we would buy the local pizza joint that is for sale and make a go of it. The loan we would have to get would be like a second house payment and that just scares the you know what out of me.
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

that sounds SO exciting. Is it a definite no, or are you still thinking about it?  I love the idea!

Quoting bluebug210:

If the economy wasn't so scary we would buy the local pizza joint that is for sale and make a go of it. The loan we would have to get would be like a second house payment and that just scares the you know what out of me.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I guess I was thinking more forward than backward - what do you want to do today that seems contrary to where you are in life.  What do you want to do, and what do you see as the biggest obstacle?

Quoting LACHESIS:

I would say I wouldn't have married my husband... but then I wouldn't have my kiddos so that wouldn't work huh??

bluebug210
by Silver sister on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Yeah, it is a definite no, if it failed or just fizzled instead of sizzled, we would be soooo in debt. We have just gotten ourselves out of most of our debt, we don't want to fall back into it.
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

bummer.... but dont give up, just shelve the idea for a bit.

Quoting bluebug210:

Yeah, it is a definite no, if it failed or just fizzled instead of sizzled, we would be soooo in debt. We have just gotten ourselves out of most of our debt, we don't want to fall back into it.

cuteoverload
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Yes I have a dream to complete my bachelors degree in criminal justice.  If I had focussed on finishing instead of helping my Adult youngest child, I would be done by now.  Money is stopping me.  I need to find a decent job and there is a job fair on the 29th this month.

sassymomma61
by Sister on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I always wanted to be a doctor of psychology....went to college when my 2 oldest were finally in school and in 4 yrs i got a BS in Human Services, a BS in Sociology and a minor in Psychology....i would have had the 3rd one be a BS if i had taken the last class, but my husband retired from the air force and we moved to his home state...i worked doing several different things some i really really liked other i was not crazy about they paid a check and i needed one...then...boom...my body started to turn on me and i had to file for disability....the worst day of my life....now i am so medicated i cant stand it...and i must say...while i cant finish this dream...my daughter that missed out on her mom while her mom went to college and worked and volunteered and partied...lol....she just graduated...guess what with a PhD in Philosophy  she said she did this for herself and me..since i dreamed it so much...what a great kid...did something right with her...yes lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN