Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Aiden has been complaining for at least 2 hours he is ready for bed. I had to force him to eat (his favorite food-- fried chicken BTW). He just went and put himself to bed.
I have to wonder what time he got up (I didn't hear him). He's been going to bed at 7, watching Magic School Bus until 7:30ish and then being too " 'cited" to go to sleep until 8:30.
Not tonight. The child put himself to bed! Wow! Not even the Magic School Bus!

First day of school :)

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (11-15):
caro100
by Bronze sister on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Hope he's not getting sick.  I would not be surprised if he woke up with a fever or sore throat.  Hope I 'm wrong.  keep us posted.  May be just all the excitement from school.

FlyingMommy747
by Bronze sister on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Gee, can he come over and teach my DD about bedtime?
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:32 AM
Well Caro you were right. Not tonight but the night before and most of yesterday he had a terrible fever I fought to keep down. It seemed to break after 24 hours.
We will see how he is in the morning, but so far no fever and he was asleep before 8. He fought me on watching just one more magic school bus ;) so I am hoping he is on the mend.

Flying~ I have a 21 year old and vowed not to fall into the same pitfalls I did with Joey. Thankfully Lydia has taken to the bedtime routine as well. We were worried about her. She doesn't go to school yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by Manth on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM

My younger daughter used to be good about bedtimes and was always asleep early.  Once she hit the teen years, though - that was the end of it, she's now a Night Owl like the rest of the family.  My older one - even as a baby she resisted going to sleep and now she's at University it's more like 2 or 3 am that she goes to bed.  I figure she's a big girl now and if she's tired in the morning it's her problem!  I still wake her in time to get to her first lecture and it's up to her to get up and moving.

My girls used to love The Magic Schoolbus when they were in elementary school.  We have heaps of videos and books from then. 

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I want to some how download the magic school bus so they can watch it on the big TV (like burn to a DVD). We don't have cable.

Aiden got up this morning, happy as can be. I think he was not feeling good last week on the first day because he really is himself today (and I don't think it had to do with starting school, I think it is just how he was starting to feel).
I told him when he has to practice his name (I guess he really got ticked when he had to trace his name LOL), to just go slowly and trace it. He was like "OK mom!".
I am a mean mom... ;) I made Lydia up some "Lydia Spence" worksheets. hehehehee so she can do homework too... tracing her name and such.  She does much better than he does. :/ However, she is a perfectionist and gets angry if it isn't just right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN