Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

kind of scary

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

We have coyotes in our canyon and when we first moved here you could hear them at dusk or during the night when they would bring food home.  But today I am hearing them at 3pm!  I have also hear neighbors say they have seen them out walking around during the day lately.  

If you havent ever heard a pack of coyotes when they get food, let me tell you it isnt a pretty sound.... it is a cross between a cat fight and a baby crying.

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
roxxyt
by Roxane on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Yep had them at our old house the would come through every evening and morning, although we had a fence that went around our whole property they would run it at the time we had 5 dogs so they would tease the dogs but never had a problem with them. I know what you mean when they catch food though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

20/20 did a show last week called When Animals Attack and I think they did a piece on a woman who was attacked by a coyote  while bike riding in a canyon in the San Diego area. I saw one last week while I was out elk hunting and I've come across a couple of others but they usually take off.

the3Rs
by Sister on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM
We had them where we used to live as well. Hated that sound! Hope they keep their distance from you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keljo05
by Kelly on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

we had them at our old house and i know what you mean. I used to get so upset when Joe would let Peanut out loose... she's a welsh corgi and could be a nice meal for them. I sometimes hear them here, but it's a lot of apple orchards and I think they stay  in there more.

keljo05
by Kelly on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM

it's funny but i rarely see them.. but within the last month I've seen 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)