Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

New Chapter in my life!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 315 Total Views
6 moms liked this

I made a huge decision and Im so excited and so nervous also.  I have always wanted to become a hairstylist but when making a decision about hair or college my parents pushed me towards college.  I have always regreted this decision.  I was online one day reading  quotes and saw this one:  "You are never too old to become the person you are meant to be"......22 years of marriage and 3 kids later I have decided im going to change careers and go back to school for hair!!!!   I just left my job of 18 years and I start cosmetology school Sept. 4th!  Im sooooo Excited but Im also so nervous.  Im 43 years old and will probably be the oldest in the class but I need to get past that and just enjoy the ride!!!!  I just wanted to share my excitment with all you ladies!

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catchup29
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Wow!  That is exciting and I commend you for following your dream.  I'm sure you will rock at it!  Not sure if you will be the oldest, my DD just finished Esthetician school and she had a lot of older women attending.  With this economy a lot of people are searching more for their dream job. 

Good Luck!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Yay!! You go girl!

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

clappingsmile

A BIG YAY! FOR YOU!  Congratulations on saying YES to yourself! Too many people listen to other people saying 'no' before they even ask themselves about doing things they want to do, much less granting themselves permission to do it! 

I once heard a great line from a grad speech: Don't worry about not knowing what you want to do when you're 18. Some of the most interesting people I know didn't know until they were over forty.

Congratualtions on creating a whole new dimension to your identity! 

LFosterfarm
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

that's awesome!!!  good for you, and you'll probly ace the class as well, just because your there for all the right reasons!  keep us posted!

arkmomma06
by Sister on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kokyuhomama
by Bronze sister on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM

This is very exciting and inspiring news!  Thanks for sharing.

redlady125
by Silver sister on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Congratulations for going for it good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
72Butterflies
by New sister on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations to YOU!! So many parents push their children in the direction, that they want for them. sometimes they just want them to do better that they did. Today there are so many college graduates working at jobs that do not pertain to their degree. I personally know several that work at factories or somewhere else that pays more. (a few just couldn't find that specific job) GOOD LUCK!! ~You are never to old to learn a New Trade :-) .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Good for YOU! Congrats! *hugs*

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

congrats and GOOD LUCK!!! You will do fine cause you CARE!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)